More protect the settlement options
More realistic enemy raids
Building settlements anywhere
More Power Armor variants
Drones
Engineer Scientist who can build new versions of things
Create a Vault
Create a Bunker
*Playstation 5 version(Playstation has always had the larger player base)

Bigger map and more DLCs with more Lands to explore is among my wishlist.

Maybe upgraded graphcs to get hotter female NPCs.

Fewer bugs.

Options to run with game with 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k textures  (by then 8k will likely be more of a thing)

Thats really it for me, everything else can stay the same, especially the Power Armor mechanics, as long as mods are still freely allowed/compatible/available.

I will pay almost any price for the perfect new Fallout, but I want it /need it to be affordable for the greatest audience because that means more mods.

Ok, I'll bite:

1)  Choose a location outside of the U.S.

2)  Put in a ladder climbing mechanic

Ok, I have to stop there because that alone might be asking too much.   😄

• Like 1

It's probably too much to wish for, but I dream of a Fallout 5 written like a Lawrence Block novel, where the detective is a smart and courageous drunk where right and wrong have no lines between them, where the smartest survivor is a wh*%#, where the butcher is the meanest gangster in the neighborhood, where factions secretly war against each other, where the hitman takes his time making the perfect murders, where emotional pain is simply the way life is. I want Fallout 5 to be written for adults who know regret and pain and determination and embrace it. A story where everybody dies, and the sacred gin mill closes, and the cops expect a bribe if they're going to help you.

In Fallout 4 there's a modder called JB. who has written a couple of quest mods with the sophistication of a Lawrence Block novel, but I want Bethesda to do it out of the box.

Mafia 3 came close, and for that reason I consider it one of the best games I've ever played three times. The Path, a little indie game a couple of decades ago, has some elements of it. So does The Cat Lady, a game about a 40 year old woman who decides to commit suicide right when the game starts.

I don't want an empty-souled pretty game. I want heart ache and rage, love and emotional fear. And I do NOT want cliches like, "I want to find my baby."

[Side note, I still can't get over the fact Nexus keeps censoring that word *sighs* It's not a bad word used properly.]

• Like 1

This could have happened in the fallout world before the war. Dark detective shows require industrial and post-industrial societies, but in the world of fallout, developed communities do not exist. People in the world of Fallout from bgs are an extinct species. Instead of detectives, they will soon need anthropologists and archaeologists.

There is a more suitable platform for the Dark Detective setting... Cyberpunk 2077. But I couldn’t play Cyberpunk. I hate 1st person games. I can only play in 3rd person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, South8028 said:

I hate 1st person games.

*Nods* As do I in general. This said, the writing (and acting) in Cyberpunk 2077 is incredible. I played it 2 1/2 times when it came out and will probably start a new game of it in the next couple of days while I wait for FO4SE mods to get ported. (I've also been replaying Bannerlord and a few other games, though Bannerlord at least is third person.)

Another amazing series of first person games, if you haven't tried them, is the FarCry series. While the story and acting on FC 3 and 4 were fantastic, if you're not familiar with the series I suggest you at least try Far Cry 5.

But I agree, the first person perspective in PC games is a huge let down mechanically and aesthetically. I only put up with it when the story itself hits poetical levels, which Cyberpujnk 2077 and Far Cry 5 definitely do.

I always had a preference for 3rd person as well, as i felt it was the only way to have a view comparable to a real human. As 1st person game limited u to the monitor and of course our human field of view is so much bigger.

But Widescreen may address this and i am determined ot go ultrawidescreen soon

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

But Widescreen may address this and i am determined ot go ultrawidescreen soon

I play on a 55 inch monitor from a distance of around one and a half feet, and I always use head phones as well. Based on what you said you'd like, I think it may suit your desire. Essentially, in PC games I'm inside the game. The real world periphery does not exist while immersed.

Back to the subject of the thread, though, I think game mechanics and aesthetics are indeed important, but they're not enough. We need to be immersed both physically and emotionally.

Posted (edited)

If I were writing the Fallout 5 script, I would turn to Vernor Vinge. "A Deepness in the Sky". I mean... It's a shame that Fallout has cringe aliens. Aliens are ideal for the role of the global villain of the Fallout world. In "A Deepness in the Sky" the role of the aliens was played by humans. They were secretly present in orbit of the alien planet (the alien society in the novel is similar to the society of people of the 20th century). By controlling the carporatocracy and introducing technology, they led their society towards thermonuclear war. If you think about it, Vault-Tec Corporation's motives and actions are similar in Fallout. Vault-Tec's strategy makes no sense in the context of the desire to gain profit, or power. Their actions are aimed exclusively at studying human weaknesses and unleashing a thermonuclear war. Vault-Tec goal is the destruction of human society.

Edited by South8028
  • Like 2