Fallout 5 Wishlist

Posted (edited)

Fallout 5 Wishlist...

- Single Player

- Easily Moddable

- Works

Survival Plus...

- Breakable Weapons... multi-tiered system, 5 stages. Fallout 4 not good at this.

- Breakable Clothing... multi-tiered system, 5 stages. Skyrim does this, Fallout 4 has trouble doing this.

- Dirt Realism... you won't strip a bloody or rad-soaked corpse of it's clothing and armour, clothing get's Rad-Soaked, heavy when Wet.

- Swimming in Clothing will drag you down, need to be wearing swimwear or naked. Skyrim mod did this, with Devious Devices and Handcuffs. Realism... Get in the water, and you sink straight to the bottom.

No more swimming with a Backpack, Top Coat, Workboots, and a full set of clothes and Iron Armour.

- Wet Clothing is Heavy, slowing you down, and encumbering you.

- Hot and Cold... you can overheat, as well as freeze. Conan Exiles does this.

Edited by Krazyman999

There is a level of survivability that people want that could be called masochist that IMO should be relegated to 3rd party mods to implement.

Ex.   When Bethesda implemented a basic 4x disparity in weapon damage between enemies and the player - with the same weapons and ammo.

That isn't survival, that is masochism.

Survival is x bullet does y damage to everyone - player or enemy.    Then you throw in the other mechanics on top of that like disease, food/water intake, etc.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:21 PM, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

I always had a preference for 3rd person as well, as i felt it was the only way to have a view comparable to a real human. As 1st person game limited u to the monitor and of course our human field of view is so much bigger.

But Widescreen may address this and i am determined ot go ultrawidescreen soon

I can recommend the ultrawidescreen 45" will do nicely 😉

But its still not 170 degrees of vision.

Some 30 years ago I played Doom using 3 PC's with 3 monitors (on a Novell netwerk, with 1 master & 2 nodes). View left, right & front. Now that was awesome 😉

Haven't seen such option ever since.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

I can recommend the ultrawidescreen 45" will do nicely 😉

But its still not 170 degrees of vision.

Some 30 years ago I played Doom using 3 PC's with 3 monitors (on a Novell netwerk, with 1 master & 2 nodes). View left, right & front. Now that was awesome 😉

Haven't seen such option ever since.

seriously do I need special mods for that?

I was thinking of buying a real large 4k TV screen and then going in via HDMI. Or should I get a purpose built gamer monitor?

The size and price relationship of modern large screen TVs is just so good.

8k screens are coming down in price too but i dont have any game or hardware to support that even with my upcoming upgrade to my desktop.

The standard now is HDMI, DVI is all but phased out. Unless you are an FPS snob you don't need to spend that kind of money on a monitor. I'm fine with 60hrtz so i use a 43inch smart TV for my monitor and i can run at 1080, 1440 or 2160.

36 minutes ago, 363rdChemicalCompany said:

seriously do I need special mods for that?

I was thinking of buying a real large 4k TV screen and then going in via HDMI. Or should I get a purpose built gamer monitor?

The size and price relationship of modern large screen TVs is just so good.

8k screens are coming down in price too but i dont have any game or hardware to support that even with my upcoming upgrade to my desktop.

For the ultrawidescreen, or doom on 3 pc's ?

Either case, no. In case of Fallout 4, not anymore. I used the TruBy9 mod in the past (still do on my old rig) but with the next-gen update they added support for it.

I somewhat agree with worm82075, anything above 60Hz is fine by me. However, you are usually in front of a monitor, where as a TV is usually further away.

So, my own 45" screen is filling most of my view, where as the 100+" TV of a friend does not, since its 2 meters away. and it ain't ultrawide... So I might as well be playing on a 24" UHD monitor, by comparison, so there is that.

Mine is a curved OLED and I must say, it all looks beautiful.

1 hour ago, RoNin1971 said:

I can't disagree with that, especially now that in the last few years the form has been perfected and provided the game you are playing has a FOV that can match the perspective, the ultra wide curved OLED IS the premiere gaming experience and if i had the loot that is exactly what i would have.

Addendum: To be fair i would still have a flat screen as I'm not sure 3D modeling or Photoshop would be efficient on a curved display.

49 minutes ago, worm82075 said:

I can't disagree with that, especially now that in the last few years the form has been perfected and provided the game you are playing has a FOV that can match the perspective, the ultra wide curved OLED IS the premiere gaming experience and if i had the loot that is exactly what i would have.

Addendum: To be fair i would still have a flat screen as I'm not sure 3D modeling or Photoshop would be efficient on a curved display.

It is. Both Blender and 3DS 2013 work & look perfectly, as does GIMP.

It is even better in my opinion, as the distance to the screen is always the same, as is the angle. (more or less) Where you always have a skewed vision with a flat screen, when looking at the sides of the monitor.

1 hour ago, worm82075 said:

There is no difference between flat and curved. Absolutely the same thing. A curved one is more convenient if it is widescreen. If it's less than 27 inches and 16:9, there's no difference. In fo4 there is no need for 2k, 4k. Apart from straining FPS, this does nothing. The old engine will not demonstrate any miracle in 2k, 4k. But in 3D applications 2K is desirable. 4k is optional, but for 3ds, houdini, blender, maya, I would say 2k is the standard.

3 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

For the ultrawidescreen, or doom on 3 pc's ?

Either case, no. In case of Fallout 4, not anymore. I used the TruBy9 mod in the past (still do on my old rig) but with the next-gen update they added support for it.

I somewhat agree with worm82075, anything above 60Hz is fine by me. However, you are usually in front of a monitor, where as a TV is usually further away.

So, my own 45" screen is filling most of my view, where as the 100+" TV of a friend does not, since its 2 meters away. and it ain't ultrawide... So I might as well be playing on a 24" UHD monitor, by comparison, so there is that.

my game is unupated on both my machines.

Plus I hear even on the updated one there are some issues with widescreen ?