SKSE64 (Vortex)

Blinkybubs

I'm getting an error saying that skse is not running. It is installed and the relevance accompanying the error is that it says SKYUI will not work correctly. My version is 1.6.640 on Steam. I've looked at the offsite alternative and I don't know how to install zip files correctly. Does anybody have any advice?

You should post an image of the error you are getting.  There are multiple ones that refer to different things.

As for zip files, you can just drag and drop it to the space at the bottom of the mod tab in Vortex and Vortex will handle the install.

• Like 1

Go to the SKSE tool on the Vortex dashboard, click on the 3-dot, select 'Edit'.  Check to see that the 'Target' and 'Start In' fields have been properly filled out.  They should be identical, at least through the ... Skyrim Special Edition\SSEEdit folder, the Target line should also have the name of the SKSE .exe that is in that folder as the end of the line.  Vortex has to know where SKSE is...

• Like 1

Does this look right?

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

One thing I noticed today is that despite it being enabled in my mods section there is no plugin that I can see. Is that how it is supposed to be?

Please don't take offence, but I don't see where you answered @showler question about running SKSE. You are starting the game in Vortex by clicking SKSE button, correct? You should not be using Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim Special Edition Launcher, or clicking Play in Steam to launch the game.

• Like 1