Games on MO2,won't run since I loaded vortex.

dochlldy

I don't know what it did.I loaded vortex to try a collection with Skyrim Se.After it was loaded,none of the  other games work,I can't even get them to start with the steam launcher.When I hit run,it just goes to the steam launcher.

Posted (edited)

First of all, what other games are affected?

And did Vortex leave anything in your other games' actual Data folders?  Try wiping and restoring their Data folders to an unmodded state, with nothing but the vanilla files (and maybe what SKSE installs).

EDIT: I've never used Vortex myself, so I don't know its quirks too well.  But I've been using Mod Organizer with Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout 3 and NV for more than a decade.

Edited by AaronOfMpls

I uninstalled Skyrim SE,to try a collection.After downloading vortex,I can no longer get any of my other games to load.Even if I try to load the through steam,they just cycle back to the start.I have even tried uninstalling and reloading,and still get the same results.I might understand if there was an issue through the script extender,but not even loading through steam,makes me believe this has to be an issue with vortex.Anybody have any ideas as to just WTF happened?

Vortex's profiles function might have moved/renamed some of your INI files or something.

But we'll need more details in order to help.  What games?  Are you/did you manage them on Vortex as well as MO2?

What's the problem with "they just go to the Steam launcher"?  What result did you expect instead?