Vortex app not launching

Go to solution Solved by EggsOverOzzie,

vortex.log

Every time I try to launch vortex it does the blue loading circle and then nothing. It's been happening since december/november last year and I've gotten the latest version (1.11.4) and the problem still persists. I've installed and uninstalled multiple times, including clearing the appdata roaming folder.

On task manager, vortex shows up twice for a few seconds then disappears. 

I have uploaded my log in my original post.

2024-06-10T20:55:24.087Z [INFO] -------------------------- 
2024-06-10T20:55:24.088Z [INFO] Vortex Version 1.11.6 
2024-06-10T20:55:24.088Z [INFO] Parameters D:\Stuff\Vortex\Vortex.exe 
2024-06-10T20:55:24.097Z [INFO] start file validation 

The log is of no help at identifying the problem

Well, a LOT more should be going on in your vortex.log.  Mine is 69.3 kb in size, and has a raft of [DEBUG] and [INFO] statements.  Maybe you should try a polite, short DM to one of the Vortex developers, and ask them to take a quick look at your log.  I bet that Vortex is not properly installed in your system, for whatever reason.  I wish that I knew more about what should happen, so I could be more help.

A quick question for you - how many files and folders do you see in the AppData\Roaming\Vortex folder?  My system shows 55 items, the last 5 of which are the current and 4 previous vortex.log files.

One more question - what is the file path to your Vortex installation?  I seem to recall older posts where Vortex can have problems if not installed on the C drive, but I am not sure.  I made a separate Program Files folder on my C drive to install stuff that I did not want in Windows' Program Files (x86) location.

On 6/9/2024 at 7:18 PM, EggsOverOzzie said:

vortex.log 4.31 kB · 2 downloads

Every time I try to launch vortex it does the blue loading circle and then nothing. It's been happening since december/november last year and I've gotten the latest version (1.11.4) and the problem still persists. I've installed and uninstalled multiple times, including clearing the appdata roaming folder.

On task manager, vortex shows up twice for a few seconds then disappears. 

Hello EggsOverOzzie! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

A couple of troubleshooting steps that we can take. First, make sure that your c++ redistributable is current ( Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn ). Do the same for your .Net framework ( https://aka.ms/dotnet/6.0/windowsdesktop-runtime-win-x64.exe ). Finally, ensure that your firewall/security/anti-virus settings aren't blocking Vortex. 

Hopefully one of the above will get you sorted, good luck! 

8 hours ago, ZoldFrog said:

Hello EggsOverOzzie! Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

A couple of troubleshooting steps that we can take. First, make sure that your c++ redistributable is current ( Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn ). Do the same for your .Net framework ( https://aka.ms/dotnet/6.0/windowsdesktop-runtime-win-x64.exe ). Finally, ensure that your firewall/security/anti-virus settings aren't blocking Vortex. 

Hopefully one of the above will get you sorted, good luck! 

Tried all three. Vortex still won't launch.

Try renaming your "userdata\yourname\appdata\roaming\Vortex" folder to something else and allow Vortex to recreate it.  If it works, that means your Vortex state is corrupted.

Unfortunately that will mean you will lose your settings.

22 hours ago, showler said:

Try renaming your "userdata\yourname\appdata\roaming\Vortex" folder to something else and allow Vortex to recreate it.  If it works, that means your Vortex state is corrupted.

Unfortunately that will mean you will lose your settings.

Tried this too. Created a new Vortex folder but the same result. Vortex still won't launch