Nexus Mods Navigation updates

Happybara

Hi everyone!

We've recently made some updates to our navigation to align next.nexusmods.com(where collections are) with the main site nexusmods.com.

Most of these changes will be minor UI changes like spacing/font but you will notice we have changed the "Games" tab to allow users a total of 24 favourite games but we would still love to hear your feedback.

This forum post is where we'll be collecting feedback so please comment with your thoughts and we'll use this to inform our future changes.

12 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

The Mods menu is displayed in white text over a graphic for that game. This doesn't work if the graphic is light in colour. See screenshot as an example (Devil May Cry).

tmp.thumb.jpg.99780375fcde8cadc86f829b025cc7fc.jpg

Hi there, I'm from Nexus Mods — what browser are you using and what is your operating system, this will help us sort the issue. It definitely shouldn't be looking like this. Thanks

17 minutes ago, mfPixel said:

Hi there, I'm from Nexus Mods — what browser are you using and what is your operating system, this will help us sort the issue. It definitely shouldn't be looking like this. Thanks

Hi, this is the latest Waterfox G6.0.16 on Windows 10. The size of the image varies from game to game, try for example Dragon Age Inquisition. There the image is on the left, but still the left most column of text is covered.

I must add that I have a low resolution screen (1368 × 768) and a high font scaling, this may be confusing the layout.

EDIT: Comparing this to Collections, they don't have an image in that area at all. So the text there is clearly legible.

EDITEDIT: Correction: Collections do have an image in that area, but it is faded so that the text is legible. See for example No Man's Sky.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Hi, this is the latest Waterfox G6.0.16 on Windows 10. The size of the image varies from game to game, try for example Dragon Age Inquisition. There the image is on the left, but still the left most column of text is covered.

I must add that I have a low resolution screen (1368 × 768) and a high font scaling, this may be confusing the layout.

EDIT: Comparing this to Collections, they don't have an image in that area at all. So the text there is clearly legible.

EDITEDIT: Correction: Collections do have an image in that area, but it is faded so that the text is legible. See for example No Man's Sky.

Great - thanks for the info, this is helpful.

The X button seems pretty unnecessary on the game's bar. You could just click the NexusMods logo directly on the other side of the element to do the same thing. The only thing the X button seems to do is make it even harder to read what domain you are on. For games that are numbered sequentially this just means you don't even know at a glance. In this picture, you might as well not have a game name at all, really, since there are 5 games on your site that all start with this same name.

image.png.19a82f583fbd95b10a372996e4f93770.png

And on a small-width window it's really difficult to see anything at all in the mods menu (as stated above)

image.thumb.png.38b82131db0f515d5ab21ceb72b6e9a8.png

• Like 2