Daggerfall for free on Bethesda website

Smollett

How do I get this to run on Windows 7? It doesn't even want to start up DosBox.

Yea, it doesn't work on Windows 7. After installation something bums out and you can't ever load the "CD," so yea... Works on Vista though. That's what I was playing it on... Until I got 7 -_-

Daggerfall's super fun stuff! Lol, pretty crazy game for how old it is... (not SUPER old, but pretty old...) It appearently takes a full two, real weeks to walk across the entire map! WOAH! I though Morrowind had a big map... Oblivion's map was tiny...

You all people need this: http://theelderscrol...erfallSetup.exe

Neatly packed, including installer, just go trough installer and play, no worries with setup. It's optimized for WinXP and should run fine on Win Vista and 7 too, I think ( not tested ). Oh and there is also lot of fan bug-fixes and optional content, if you feel like it. Enjoy.

The installer didn't work for me on Win 7 x64.

So I installed Windows 3.11 in Virtual PC and ran the original Daggerfall setup from there.

I also got it working in Dosbox but it seemed to stutter when I enter a crowded tavern/area. Even though I set my cpu cycles right up.

• 4 weeks later...

How do I get this to run on Windows 7? It doesn't even want to start up DosBox.

Yea, it doesn't work on Windows 7. After installation something bums out and you can't ever load the "CD," so yea... Works on Vista though. That's what I was playing it on... Until I got 7 -_-

Daggerfall's super fun stuff! Lol, pretty crazy game for how old it is... (not SUPER old, but pretty old...) It appearently takes a full two, real weeks to walk across the entire map! WOAH! I though Morrowind had a big map... Oblivion's map was tiny...

You all people need this: http://theelderscrol...erfallSetup.exe

Neatly packed, including installer, just go trough installer and play, no worries with setup. It's optimized for WinXP and should run fine on Win Vista and 7 too, I think ( not tested ). Oh and there is also lot of fan bug-fixes and optional content, if you feel like it. Enjoy.

The installer didn't work for me on Win 7 x64.

So I installed Windows 3.11 in Virtual PC and ran the original Daggerfall setup from there.

I also got it working in Dosbox but it seemed to stutter when I enter a crowded tavern/area. Even though I set my cpu cycles right up.

Ok, good to know, it might be a problem on 64 bit system, I presume. It might work well on 32 bit Win 7. The installer works excellent on Win XP 32 bit. ( 64 bit Win XP not tested. )

UPDATE: For gamers, who want to delve deeper into Daggerfall's mystery I found this nice play guide: Beginner's guide to Daggerfall

Edited by dannyfx1

@darkprodigy4u

Sorry I lost the track to this thread, yes I think magazine is the correct name but is not true that games can't sell in them. Actually it is a magazine specialized in that kind of business which follow the commercial rules... just is cheaper than the boxed version, it is not a burnt copy but the original matrix imprint and the magazine itself brings a sort of walkthru to the game. I think them as the ultimate bargain bin, at least here.

• 1 month later...