ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Cheater... or Purist

Baphomet

Do you cheat in your game?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cheat in your game?

• No. I'm a Total Purist. Complete with Ivory Tower.
    • Sort of. I cheat, but only when I really NEED to.
    • Yes. Uber cheater

I just don't see the point of cheating... I mean, killing vivec in one hit, infinite health and all that get boring after about 5 minuites. The only time I would "cheat" is fixing an obvious bug. The only mods I use, I use for the content (new player models, etc), not how powerful they make my character.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only real good use of the console is when i get stuck somewhere, and i disable clipping. i can then free myself, and the turn clipping back on. that's all i try to use it for, but i am guilty of sometimes doing the coc command (you know, just did a long quest, forgot to save, CTD, then repeat). as opposed to doing the whole thing over again, i coc to the point, then do it, and go back. ;)

I give you the noclipping cheat only with great trepidation as it can ruin much of the game.

TCL

I wish I didn't know a single cheat. And that is that. However, I do, and I can't help but use them to rescue my character from certain death. :-(

corbett... you're... ALIVE :blink:

where have u been neways?? :P

sorry 2 go off topic but havent seen u on here for aaages.

and whats wrong with TCL? its not really a cheat unless u use it 2 pass thru walls etc its a good bug-fixing tool :P

I'd have to agree TCL is a MAJOR nessity when i play and jump around sometimes i fall THROUGH the floor after that if i dont turn on TCL fast i get thrown into a black void falling down onto some ground until i die <_< . I avoid cheating because it really does ruin the gameplay but i do tend to exploit some little buggies such as the self enchanting. But if you plan on using a plugin to add a NPC that buys everything at full price that has like 1 million gold you might as well be cheating for the money instead.

By the way how would you consider 2 constant effect items i always have 1 is a restore fatigue 8 points the other is a ring that restores 4-5 points (i take whichever amount i get). Now would this be called cheating in a way i should i be chugging potions everytime i get a little bruise, cut or a little fatigued??????

My last name is McLegit. Not really, but I'm playing my current character without any cheats, so I've struggled for every gold farthing.

I played before with a single mod that ruined the gameplay, basically it made it where the Creeper had 100000 gold and he would buy any item. Needless to say, I abused this system and soon became too rich for money to have any value in the game. I've repented my ways and I'm on the straight and narrow.

Bah i dont need such a pathedic mod i got my Mark spell at the mudcrap merchant with loads of goodies sitting around (bet plenty of thieves would want that collection) during 1 day i can make 15k gold but i earned this money as i killed, stole and worked for the items i sold.

Its not cheating if its in the game and its not a glitch or bug PERIOD. Least thats the way i see cheating although fortifying your intelligence to enchant items would probably be a bug since all the potions WILL stack like i said one of those things the players must decide if its legit or not. Maybe i'll start a character that doesnt enchant their own items some time.

Vaa, you cheat by upping your levels in the console, or using God Mode, and creating ultimate weapons in armor in the construction set.

I'm a purist. Cheating just takes away all the fun from the game. Games are meant to be challenging, and they should be.

But sometimes I get really pissed off and upload my Almighty Sword of Phil... then wreck havoc across Morrowind. :rolleyes:

Archived