mods with the best voice actors

wholegrain

It's on the Nexus, but the page says: "This mod is under moderation review". I'm not sure what that means but I'm too afraid to ask since the page point-blankly says not to contact the site staff OR the mod author about the mod.

It's on the Nexus, but the page says: "This mod is under moderation review". I'm not sure what that means but I'm too afraid to ask since the page point-blankly says not to contact the site staff OR the mod author about the mod.

I don't see how considering, I have not actually released the mod yet. Though it seems like there is a file with that name but it has been down for a long time and it was probably not that well known in the first place, so the name is pretty much still up for grabs. And yes I am the author to this mod (the one mentioned in this topic that is) so it is perfectly allowed for people to contact me.

Anyway yes finalCrystine aka Christine Slagman is very talented and a great person to work with. She has a professional mic setup and has a lot of knowledge about working with audio as she does music composition (using music software) and other media related stuff so the audio quality is pretty top notch. It would be silly to expect mods the scope of Interesting NPCs or Inconsequential NPCs to be able to recruit people of equal standing in terms of skill and recording equipment with such a large number of NPCs and no real incentive apart from being passionate about Skyrim and voice acting. Funnily enough Christine was actually in Interesting NPCs as Misha (the cowardly witch with a sidequest) and a few other characters I think.

is that a exsisting follower mod ?

if so i want that mod

Not quite yet. It's still in the works but you can keep track of its progress here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1198146-sofia-a-funny-fully-voiced-and-scripted-followerwip/

I don't see how considering, I have not actually released the mod yet. Though it seems like there is a file with that name but it has been down for a long time and it was probably not that well known in the first place, so the name is pretty much still up for grabs. And yes I am the author to this mod (the one mentioned in this topic that is) so it is perfectly allowed for people to contact me.

Anyway yes finalCrystine aka Christine Slagman is very talented and a great person to work with. She has a professional mic setup and has a lot of knowledge about working with audio as she does music composition (using music software) and other media related stuff so the audio quality is pretty top notch. It would be silly to expect mods the scope of Interesting NPCs or Inconsequential NPCs to be able to recruit people of equal standing in terms of skill and recording equipment with such a large number of NPCs and no real incentive apart from being passionate about Skyrim and voice acting. Funnily enough Christine was actually in Interesting NPCs as Misha (the cowardly witch with a sidequest) and a few other characters I think.

is that a exsisting follower mod ?

if so i want that mod

Not quite yet. It's still in the works but you can keep track of its progress here: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1198146-sofia-a-funny-fully-voiced-and-scripted-followerwip/

thank you

i will

some of the quotes are just hillarious and the proffesionality of the voice acting ( hope i said that right) are brilliant

best of luck both of you with this mod

I'm incredibly particular about voice acted mods. Almost anally so. To the point where I actually dislike the above linked mod. The audio quality is unusually good, I'll give it that; but the accent sounds faked to me. That's the problem I have with most voiced mods out there: if the audio quality is acceptable, the accent is "meh", and vice versa. Helgen Reborn comes to mind in that regard as well.

That being said, I have a great fondness for Inigo. Probably the best follower mod on the Nexus, I'd say.

Edited by Hyacathusarullistad

I'm incredibly particular about voice acted mods. Almost anally so. To the point where I actually dislike the above linked mod. The audio quality is unusually good, I'll give it that; but the accent sounds faked to me. That's the problem I have with most voiced mods out there: if the audio quality is acceptable, the accent is "meh", and vice versa. Helgen Reborn comes to mind in that regard as well.

That being said, I have a great fondness for Inigo. Probably the best follower mod on the Nexus, I'd say.

Faked accent? For someone so anal (you said it not me) you're not very good with accents. That's her natural accent, it's not put on at all. English is her 3rd language so I don't know where you get the idea that her accent is fake. Why would a genuine european accent that the setting of Skyrim is based around sound fake, that's just laughable? Maybe it isn't strong enough for your liking but then you get people who complain that they can't understand what the person is saying if it is too strong so there is no winning. I think you should take a walk around Skyrim and listen to the vanilla accents as Bethesda can't seem to make their minds up anyway. I mean some nords sound American in the vanilla game which is about as far away as you can get in terms of everything. I think her accent and voice in general is perfect for the role and is my vision for the mod which is the one that counts.

I did indeed admit that I'm very anal about voice acting in Skyrim mods, yes. Which means I'm very particular about which voiced mods I do and do not use. Yours isn't for me, that's all. As I said, I'm picky. In fact, Inigo is the only voiced mod I've found myself able to use for any length of time or for more than one playthrough. That hasn't made any other follower or other voice acted mods any less successful, however.

Perhaps I should consider my opinion more carefully. My "objection" (for lack of a more appropriate term) is based on naked ear comparison to existing Skyrim accents, which as you say are rather inconsistent with real world Nordic/Scandinavian accents. If you say her accent is genuine, then I'm sure it is - I'll admit to having little experience with such accents in real life; but I don't feel it fits Skyrim, personally. That's just me though. I'm genuinely pleased for you that you managed to find a voice actor who so closely matched your vision of the character you intended to create. Please, don't allow the fact that I don't care for the accent, or feel that it sounds "genuine" to Skyrim (again for lack of a better term) do anything to diminish your satisfaction with your, or her, work. I apologise if my opinion offended you - it was not intended to do so.