Dark0ne at Uni

Dark0ne

Hi folks,

If you haven't read my "Busy 2 Weeks" thread yet, go read it here.

I'm pretty much all setup at uni, the Shampagne is in the Frigge (sadly no ice bucket) and I'm ready for a good week. I did manage to sneak a try at getting into BF2 with no luck, which was expected but not good news.

I'll now have to wait until Simon gets into his flat sometime in the middle of next week and see if I can route through his non-proxied/firewalled connection to gain access to the game. My pings may be bad doing that though.

I could also try and see if I can get the ports BF2 uses opened by the IT admin, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Obviously if I can't play BF2 then I won't be continuing the server, since there's no point paying for something I can't use.

Fingers crossed folks!

Good luck at uni - was the best years of my life (pre wife and child) - only joking (in case they read this).

It sounds like a few people would be interested in paying towards the server cost, myself being one of them. I think D4rk0ne said it was £460 for three months, if we could get 5 or more people I am happy to pay £90 or so. Anybody else interested???

Truly sorry but no, first, i live in the Netherlands. international payments are a real pain in the ass.. second, i am a student and i really can't afford to spent the money on this. It was already a problem for me buying BF2.

o by the way D4rk0ne... i forgot to wish you good luck and a great time :-D. If Uni means University (as is does in Holland) then you are bound for the best time of your life (i think, since i never had a life after Uni :blush:

Good luck at uni - was the best years of my life (pre wife and child) - only joking (in case they read this). 

It sounds like a few people would be interested in paying towards the server cost, myself being one of them.  I think D4rk0ne said it was £460 for three months, if we could get 5 or more people I am happy to pay £90 or so.  Anybody else interested???

What's that translate to in US Dollars?

It sounds like a few people would be interested in paying towards the server cost, myself being one of them.  I think D4rk0ne said it was £460 for three months, if we could get 5 or more people I am happy to pay £90 or so.  Anybody else interested???

What's that translate to in US Dollars?

~$160. Currently its $1.78 to the pound. There would also be a small wire trasnfer fee. I think PayPal is around 2.5%.

May be worth going into your computing services depratment and having a freindly word, rather than sending an email. Its not like you wants ports open for P2P software...right?!

As for university well good luck matey and make sure you have a blast, i ended up with 6 years under my belt and i had the greatest time of my life!

And if Exeter dont open the necessary ports transfer to Liverpool (the proper one not crappy John Moores) they have unrestricted access for everyone!