The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I went out to find a doctor.

While I was looking I found a bag which keeps food cool, some food, and ice. I feel better already!

The Yeti travel cooler bag, with its built in insulation, should keep my new supply of food and water fresh for days. I can wait out all the bad things in the wild in my man Cave now, without electricity. I can supply more ice by stealth; getting to the machine at the big store once a week instead of once or twice a day. People will forget I am here! They might even think I am dead! Again,m they won't be looking for me in this pit they think is someone else's grave.

I'll survive longer, without surprises, and if I want I can go to the campsite and spend a couple of days fishing. Wow! I'll be able to play Fallout 4 for 3, maybe 4, days between calisthenics, without interruption from a bunch of young people who don't know squat about tactics, or companion tactics.

I WIN!

I'm thinking of combining my recent and future writings (including Aurlyn) into one single cumulative companion/ quest/ NPC mod, so I can maximize inter/ auto mod compatibility, write less rigorous dialogue choices that's the standard of standalone followers, yet still tell my epic tale with a plethora of interesting interactions and conversations, at my own pace and style. What do you guys think of this idea?

I like it. And if it's easier in the long run, then yeah, it's a good idea all 'round. :)

Will each companion have interactions with the others?

My fear is they are using gamebyro engine again, modding though allowing it is a nice touch, it also has its drawbacks. Direct x 11 or 12 would be nice.

fable 2 still stands out as one of the most innovative games to this date, and it was on the 360.

I think this is the third time I've told you: they are using an updated Creation Engine. So yes, Gamebryo, essentially. Although there are DirectX 11 effects now (SSAO, sunrays, volumetric lighting, etc.) so it's a definite graphical upgrade.

Fable 2 was easily the best Fable game - I wonder why they haven't released it on PC... I would certainly play it again.

I really do not understand by Bethsoft just keeps going with the 1 follower at a time limitation though. I'll bet one of the first gameplay-related mods is going to be one that increases the follower limit.

Not like it hasn't been done before in other Bethsoft games after all.

That's why the phrase is "two's company, three's a crowd". Very true in games like this, in Fallout they get in my line of fire of the scope or get in the blast radius of my grenades usually killing them. In Skyrim they can't aim straight and end up killing each other after a massive scrap :facepalm:

One companion is cheating as far as i'm concerned and only needed on very hard modes in the first 10 player levels.

Hopefully Bethesda makes the companions less dumb, and so that they actually stand behind you when you're in combat. And I wonder how melee-based companions will work, as they'll likely run in front of your fire...

My fear is they are using gamebyro engine again, modding though allowing it is a nice touch, it also has its drawbacks. Direct x 11 or 12 would be nice.

fable 2 still stands out as one of the most innovative games to this date, and it was on the 360.

I think this is the third time I've told you: they are using an updated Creation Engine. So yes, Gamebryo, essentially. Although there are DirectX 11 effects now (SSAO, sunrays, volumetric lighting, etc.) so it's a definite graphical upgrade.

Fable 2 was easily the best Fable game - I wonder why they haven't released it on PC... I would certainly play it again.

No and i don't believe i was around long enough to chat with ya, nice knowing this community is aweesome.

Edited by SilentScope222

I made the mistake of upgrading to Windows 10. It ran like s*** the first time I restarted, and apparently nothing works with "Run as Administrator" even after I restarted. It looks pretty I guess. Everything better work right if I revert to 7... :wallbash:

Edit: Went back to 7, everything seems to be the same as before.

Edited by K00L

I'm exploring Windows 10 too. I want to see what, if any, differences it will make. It's not Fallout 5 and is a whole lot less exciting because there is nothing to do but study stuff.

I tried to use "Movie and TV" from the selection window only to stare; waiting for it to load the images for each movie. It was taking so long I think my ISP is suffering from too many people all testing Windows 10 today.

I really liked some of the stuff in Windows 10, but I'd rather not lose anything by trying to fix whatever was going on with it. Microsoft support's answer to the problem was to "Reset" but doing that uninstalls all programs, and there is no way in hell I'm doing that. I mean, I finally have Skyrim working without crashing (other than at the stupid damn smelter). And everyone knows that's obviously the most important thing. :tongue:

Edit:

No and i don't believe i was around long enough to chat with ya, nice knowing this community is aweesome.

Riiiiiiight... Not around long enough. I can't be the only one who has a slight suspicion about whether or not this is your first account.

Edit edit:
I was going to delete my edit, but... Well, what the hell.

Edited by K00L

I have got to switch off the browser for a few minutes to determine if I am getting excessive eye strain from the brilliant white borders, rows across the top of the browser, and off the app pix glare from them that Windows 10 set my color settings to by default.

All whites are too bright white in my opinion.