The last poster wins

TheCalliton

i can officially load skyrim in 1 to 3 seconds intervals, i'm using a modified skyrim-skse crossfire profile and i am getting some amazing results, i still wish i could fix z-fighting though grr. using a enb sweetfx combo and cot as well.

So ya 1 to 3 second loads with 2k textures as well is amazing.

insta load :biggrin:

Wait until the ed of the year when i get my raid config working, then we'll do some real benchmarking.

Also would decrease the wait of my hulking case, also got me a external blu ray player for that reason, lol mechanical drives, soon to be replaced :thumbsup:

I think i found the raid ssd in mind, the review even states its good on a raid config.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226371

Edited by Thor.

I was playing with my boot sequence today, I can go from fully off, to entering my password in 4.2 seconds now, and after the password is entered I only need a further .8 of a second to get everything operational to the point I can run a game. It's so fast a boot time that it's not something you really notice, all you get is a few moments of a giant gold Gigabyte logo, a flash of "starting windows" then a password screen. SSDs are amazing.

Thor, as much as it's astonishing how fast SSDs are, it's also astonishing how fast they can die. To clarify:

They work on the same principle as USB flash drives, allowing 1 000 - 10 000 read/write cycles (MLC memory) or 100 000 (SLC memory), the second ones being a hell of a lot more expensive. If you think 100 000 cycles is a lot, think again, I destroyed a 40GB SSD with SLC memory cells in 9 months by simply using it as storage. But it was dirt cheap so I don't give a f***.

A single 256GB SSD costs aproximately 300$, you'll pay a whole lot of money for something that has lightning fast read/write speeds but a very short life cycle. In my honest opinion, you'd be better off buying two 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA HDDs (7200 RPM) for 200$ both and have slower memory but 8 times more of it. Or six of them (12TB combined) for the same price of two 256GB SSDs and have more memory than god.

But that's just my opinion. In the end, it's your money and your PC, not mine.

I experience a lack of memory no matter how much memory I have, 820GB and it's still not enough. That's why I'll be getting four of those 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs I mentioned by the end of next month, thank god I have enough money to actually do that now.