The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I left the windows open below deck on my land lubbers concrete ship so the four winds were let pass along their way. I felt the change of the oceans breeze sending a message all the way inland. I rose each time the barometer made me feel the pressure on my barrel of water. I opened it's tap and released some water each time. As the hours passed I saw the way the winds were going and to keep things below deck from becoming moist and upset I shut two of the four so the stronger ones were let through. At 6 bells I rose again. The water barrel was full and getting cold. The heat had gone from it's wooden hull and was filled so full I had to let off more to keep it from spilling all. I kept hold on the tap until some space was made.

I sensed the winds of weathers shape was hiding all far to see in my sight in a mist that blocked out starlight. Nothing more did I need to know. The East wind and West decided to press on. I slept in a land far from where I understood I understand. Scavenging through piles of wasted wiles and tortured paper which was too soggy to see what it was once. So wet that papers they would magically become soil and keep plants a place to dwell.

I stepped back from the hammock. In the wooden concrete ship I fondly call a tent the sight of darkness was too much to take in. I went back to the blanket and rested while I waited for East Wind and West Wind to decide which was going to give in.

I was only closed eyed for two hours when again the barrel swelled too full. Only this time I realized I had become cooled too. Through the screens inside the windows I heard the plop of heavy drops of water upon the plants leaf nearest the East. I went to care for the barrel before it overflowed. I heard from the West drops hit the Chinese Bamboo leafs, and were so loud it made me think like a child trying to make the large bamboo leaves play a song.

I only needed to play along. As soon as I had released the pressure from my own leather I tested the breeze. The East wind and West had finally decided that everything dry would be down and drowned out. I closed the one remaining below deck window that would give some restraint from the humid air the rain draught brought upon us.

I walked up to the deck. I grabbed some electric tinder to fire up the coffee pots electric coals. I waiting and listed for any leaks from the wooden canopy. The coffee filled from the electronic still, refined it, and readied it for me.

I took the electronic copper colored coffee cup, turned on it's warmer, and took a sip. My mind sensed the sails unfurl as I walked to the port to look out and see the waters streaming around the paths. Washing all that was dust in the wind down to the gutters and away from my sight. Hop plant's leaf bowed when I raised my cup to them, the Bamboo leafs bowed too when I turned my cup to toast them, the meadow grass, the pine, the lilac bushes too and I bowed to the raindrops washing away our old times.

I pondered the pour of a sip upon my lips so as not to burn what was beginning to feel like my mind.

I felt the old creak in my bones. Divayth Fyr blotted out my next thought. Because of his memory I remembered what I got. I have all the tools to carry on that kind of work I know. All I need is a sample so I can get it in a slide and look at it while I try to test my knowledge to destroy or arrest it so it harms noone no more.

I closed the cooks portal window as I turned my back to where the cook once was. I turned and walked back to the captains quarters, over top of my laboratory as of late, to wait, and here I now stay waiting. Slipping through time with the cup whose water is thick with Espresso'.

LOL ... have you come over to the "dark side" Paga. "Shiver me timbers, mind the gaff and get that mainsl' stowed afor the squall hits ya scurvy dogs!!"

So I see I'm not the only one making frequent "pit stops" through the night. Ain't gettin' old grand??

- Edit - Forgot to mention I watched a few Jack Horner videos a few days ago ... pretty cool guy!

Edited by Striker879

Always waging winks with the Dark Side :devil: as I drift in the past memories of my ancestors, tied in a knot around the mast so they don't get washed overboard.

Even though the barrel's exteriors are warm there is that cool pressure that can draw a peeled hard boiled egg into a quart glass milk bottle hindering me too.

It won't keep the barrel from feeling too full, only that suggest something more is pressed against the barrel. Something left behind from an evening feast. That is remaining to putting pressure there. I forgot my friend Mr X; and for being so Lax during the night the barrel's needed more relief, if you get my drift.

I can tell time by those moments when the clocks hands are in the dark. :cool:

Good thing I found one of the body sensors to turn on the bowls light so I see where to aim while the ship rocks to and fro from the winds deciding who's in charge. Right knee bend more. Left knee bend. Ah! There! The captains tipped er to one side. GET A MOP! SWAB there! No more food after 6 bells for me! :mad: :laugh:

The immutable rule aboard my vessels is a simple one ... everybody sits to do their business. Too many hard to reach spots around a vessel's head, so long before it became a habit at home it was a habit afloat (you'll love this other one ... Anything can be put into a marine head, provided you've swallowed it first!!).

Ya I have the full meal deal all of the various plumbing not quite up to snuff anymore too.

On the bright side I'm pretty good from the waist up!!