The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Oh wait , we could play it right here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're in a room , there is a passage to the north and east. A table is in the corner to the left of the northern passage. There looks to be books and bobbles of value on it.

What do you do ?

That is some interesting stuff . But what say you about getting together for some dnd action ?

I retract my sentiment about EQ2 because it is a BiAtch hog of loading screens. (just tested)

And there has to be something better out there on the free market ?

Err even not free market. I'm open to suggestions. I just like the idea of adventure with you guys ; )

It would be a whole new area for me ... never played any version of DnD before.

I find that statement highly suspect considering your Avatar pic .

But I get the message ... that is a resounding NO from you people I was trying to con into rolling some dice together.

No Mk ... I have never played Dungeons and Dragons. The closet I've ever been is Oblivion, which is where Athal Sarano (the avatar pic) resides. We were just off on yet another of our adventures, checking up on the good townsfolk of Cropsford (and collected Athal's modest stipend for services past rendered) before returning to Bravil. Next it's back to the Isles to insure that the inhabitants there (a rather loony lot) haven't been running amuck while Lord Sheogorath has been visiting Tamriel.

Many ducks, and it takes time and effort to keep them all lined up properly.

Edited by Striker879

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're in a room , there is a passage to the north and east. A table is in the corner to the left of the northern passage. There looks to be books and bobbles of value on it.

What do you do ?

Look at the books (I'm one of those weird ones that reads the manual).

- Edit - When Striker picks up one of the books a slip of paper drops to the floor. Without thinking Striker picks up the paper and reads the strange incantation aloud. Striker's pockets all bulge with gold coins, and the baubles that sit on the table get less tempting to pick up. Must have been a Spell of Vast Wealth or something.

And now I'm certain that Mk will not believe what I've attested to ... never playing DnD before. Jason and Marcus from the Foxtrot comic are to blame for what little I pretend to know.

Edited by Striker879

That is some interesting stuff . But what say you about getting together for some dnd action ?

I retract my sentiment about EQ2 because it is a BiAtch hog of loading screens. (just tested)

And there has to be something better out there on the free market ?

Err even not free market. I'm open to suggestions. I just like the idea of adventure with you guys ; )

It would be a whole new area for me ... never played any version of DnD before.

I find that statement highly suspect considering your Avatar pic .

But I get the message ... that is a resounding NO from you people I was trying to con into rolling some dice together.

No Mk ... I have never played Dungeons and Dragons. The closet I've ever been is Oblivion, which is where Athal Sarano (the avatar pic) resides. We were just off on yet another of our adventures, checking up on the good townsfolk of Cropsford (and collected Athal's modest stipend for services past rendered) before returning to Bravil. Next it's back to the Isles to insure that the inhabitants there (a rather loony lot) haven't been running amuck while Lord Sheogorath has been visiting Tamriel.

Many ducks, and it takes time and effort to keep them all lined up properly.

The term DnD covers all the games that delve into the realm of fantasy IMHO. We don't have to be playing by the set rules of 3.5 just to feel like we are in a world of fantasy. I myself grew up on the first rendition of the rules , then saw the light in adopting 2.0 , which is what Baldurs Gate was based on. After that I went to EQ II .

Just a slightly new set of rules and lore. They all have the same basic components :geek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you do ?

The book reads: Hither to thither and slither , Watch ye for a Bow and a Quiver

... and more dribble that is not worth the quibble , because the writer is spittle

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you do ?

... and more dribble that is not worth the quibble , because the writer is spittle

Poor Mk didn't notice the edit, and thus missed the slip of paper. He is now pondering the value of the baubles vs the possiblility of succeeding in knocking Striker in the noggin ... rendering him helpless to save his newfound wealth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you do ?

Poor Mk didn't notice the edit, and thus missed the slip of paper. He is now pondering the value of the baubles vs the possiblility of succeeding in knocking Striker in the noggin ... rendering him helpless to save his newfound wealth.

Poor Striker doesn't realize MK is the DM (creating the story)

Noticing among the baubles , you see a strange looking stone .

Pondering it , a faint sound of slithering becomes noticeable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you do ?

Poor Striker doesn't realize MK is the DM (creating the story)

Noticing among the baubles , you see a strange looking stone .

Pondering it , a faint sound of slithering becomes noticeable.

LOL ... Striker counts his lucky stars that he forgot to trim his fingernails once again, and slices open the belly of the scaly beast that had swallowed him whole. MK takes note of one hot under the collar looking Striker crawling from what was once considered a perfect spot for that pesky paper slip reader and ponders his options.

To explain striker .... In DnD ... there is a Dungeon Master (DM) which runs the game. And basically video games seek to replicate. Hence the Game Developers are the DM.

But years ago ... with the start of computer games. People made dungeon games that were only text.

Which is what I was trying to emulate , but with a real time DM.

To explain striker .... In DnD ... there is a Dungeon Master (DM) which runs the game. And basically video games seek to replicate. Hence the Game Developers are the DM.

But years ago ... with the start of computer games. People made dungeon games that were only text.

Which is what I was trying to emulate , but with a real time DM.

I knew what DM stood for ... I didn't exactly lie when I said that all I knew about DnD was from Foxtrot, that just wasn't the entirety of the truth.

So now you're saying you clipped my nails for me?? I don't want to be scaly slithering something poop!!

Edited by Striker879