The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Oh wait , we could play it right here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're in a room , there is a passage to the north and east. A table is in the corner to the left of the northern passage. There looks to be books and bobbles of value on it.

What do you do ?

Look at the books (I'm one of those weird ones that reads the manual).

The book reads: Hither to thither and slither , Watch ye for a Bow and a Quiver

... and more dribble that is not worth the quibble , because the writer is spittle

Poor Mk didn't notice the edit, and thus missed the slip of paper. He is now pondering the value of the baubles vs the possiblility of succeeding in knocking Striker in the noggin ... rendering him helpless to save his newfound wealth.

Poor Striker doesn't realize MK is the DM (creating the story)

Noticing among the baubles , you see a strange looking stone .

Pondering it , a faint sound of slithering becomes noticeable.

LOL ... Striker counts his lucky stars that he forgot to trim his fingernails once again, and slices open the belly of the scaly beast that had swallowed him whole. MK takes note of one hot under the collar looking Striker crawling from what was once considered a perfect spot for that pesky paper slip reader and ponders his options.

~~~~~~~

Three snakes emerge from the eastern passage , roughly 30 ft away.

Surely your fingernails could make a deadly weapon to 1 of them , but what about that rock ?

One rock ... three snakes (minus one equals two ... right). Hmm while Striker bashes one with the rock the other will be eating him ... not a good plan.

Grabbing the baubles first Striker splashes them across in front of one snake, distracting it. The second develops a very bad headache from the rock. Now the odds are evened up.

To explain striker .... In DnD ... there is a Dungeon Master (DM) which runs the game. And basically video games seek to replicate. Hence the Game Developers are the DM.

But years ago ... with the start of computer games. People made dungeon games that were only text.

Which is what I was trying to emulate , but with a real time DM.

I knew what DM stood for ... I didn't exactly lie when I said that all I knew about DnD was from Foxtrot, that just wasn't the entirety of the truth.

So now you're saying you clipped my nails for me?? I don't want to be scaly slithering something poop!!

Sorry I missed this one ... of course I did not clip your nails , I was waiting for your input to suggest what weapons you have. Instead of the tedious roll the character and agree upon it.

To explain striker .... In DnD ... there is a Dungeon Master (DM) which runs the game. And basically video games seek to replicate. Hence the Game Developers are the DM.

But years ago ... with the start of computer games. People made dungeon games that were only text.

Which is what I was trying to emulate , but with a real time DM.

I knew what DM stood for ... I didn't exactly lie when I said that all I knew about DnD was from Foxtrot, that just wasn't the entirety of the truth.

So now you're saying you clipped my nails for me?? I don't want to be scaly slithering something poop!!

Sorry I missed this one ... of course I did not clip your nails , I was waiting for your input to suggest what weapons you have. Instead of the tedious roll the character and agree upon it.

So DM is also standing for Dice Master ... Striker is a no dice kinda' guy I'm afaid (not even a deck of cards).

One rock ... three snakes (minus one equals two ... right). Hmm while Striker bashes one with the rock the other will be eating him ... not a good plan.

Grabbing the baubles first Striker splashes them across in front of one snake, distracting it. The second develops a very bad headache from the rock. Now the odds are evened up.

As you grab the rock from the table ... you feel it weld itself to your palm . And swinging your arm towards the snakes to throw it. You feel the energy of your panic travel up your arm and exude a beam of bright light at the snakes. But was intermittent because you were confused by the reaction.

So basically a glancing blow (rolls dice) hits the snake on the right killing it.

But unfortunately was the snake farthest away from you.

2 snakes slither towards you and are 20 ft away.

The rock is still welded into your palm.

Striker's lack of dice is certainly a limiting factor. He would scratch his head (to help the thought process ... sort of like how you used to stick your tongue out the corner of your mouth when drawing pictures in kindergarten) but the weight of the stone prevents all except a goose egg on his head.

This gives Striker the idea that the scratch was supposed to deliver, and he waits for the closest snake to coil for a strike, and launches his own with a mighty swing of his stoned hand.

At least now the two snakes won't be fighting over which gets to start at Striker's head (the other end is not the prefered end, shall we say).

- Edit - Niph cautiously peeks into the room, and wonders at what dervish delights are spinning between MK and Striker.

Edited by Striker879

sorry ... double post .... use for later

Like going back in time to kill Striker

Muhahahaha

Just kidding .... and kidding about the kidding

DMs are ~Evol~ :devil:

Niph saw what was happening and skedaddled. Hmm ... just how smart is Striker??

Striker's lack of dice is certainly a limiting factor. He would scratch his head (to help the thought process ... sort of like how you used to stick your tongue out the corner of your mouth when drawing pictures in kindergarten) but the weight of the stone prevents all except a goose egg on his head.

This gives Striker the idea that the scratch was supposed to deliver, and he waits for the closest snake to coil for a strike, and launches his own with a mighty swing of his stoned hand.

At least now the two snakes won't be fighting over which gets to start at Striker's head (the other end is not the prefered end, shall we say).

- Edit - Niph cautiously peeks into the room, and wonders at what dervish delights are spinning between MK and Striker.

~~~~~~~~

Swinging at a snake , now more measured in it. A short sputtering burst of light goes out to meet the snake you aimed it at burning it's eyes ... but definitely not killing it with the force you delivered before.

It slithers off to the side in blindness and pain. And in your realization of which snake was closer from the last time. You did hit the one that was closest.

Which leaves 1 snake 13 feet away slithering towards you.

And the rock still welded to your palm.

Hmm ... Striker has time enough to ponder. A wild swing and a sputtering pulse of light. A more measured swing and a perhaps less sputtery pulse of light.

Striker confidently strides towards the remaining snake, and snaps his arm out aiming directly at the snake.

Being of the no-dice type, Striker wonders what may become of him ... snake poop or not?