The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Oh yeah! I pushed my Core 2 Duo E4500 to 3.3GHz (300x11), 300MHz is the maximum FSB frequency mobo allows, and this CPU can go even higher since I actually downvolted it to 1.27V from 1.35V (I never heard of anyone reducing voltage on a CPU when overclocking it), it's disturbingly stable at the moment.

I need to cool down the North Bridge chipset though, that thing heats up like hell, and I needed to raise the RAM voltage to 1.91V from 1.83V, which is not much considering that it can operate perfectly fine at 2.20V.

Wish I could buy a new 775 socket mobo that can raise the FSB higher, I want to see how far can this thing go. Maybe it can hit 4GHz before it blows out like the i5. Damn, that thing blew up good. :laugh:

I could oc my 8350 to 5.0ghz, but i refuse to sense cooling it would be a challenge :mellow:

Besides amd already has one at stock 5.0ghz default clock, its the first of its kind to reach 5.0ghz stable without oc'ing it.

Edited by Thor.

cooling it would be a challenge

With a stock cooler, yes. With the water cooling that's in your sig, not a chance. With that thing an FX 8350 can hit ~5.5GHz while keeping it at an acceptable temperature, unless you messed up with the overvoltage and that's what keeps it hot. Water cooling systems keep the CPU temperature high on idle/low but the temps are low under 100% load, don't let the high idle fool you.

My C2D can go 2.20GHz to 3.30GHz on a stock Intel cooler (71oC maximum), though I shoved an Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 inside which keeps it at some 56-57oC after 6 hours of benchmarking (73oC is the maximum temperature for that CPU, and I got the cooler cheap).