The last poster wins

TheCalliton

An article in the local paper about this song turning 50 years old this year.

And the girl that inspired the song is 68.

It is the second most recorded song behind the Beatles "Yesterday".

What, one of those guns? I would've thought that illegal :unsure:

do you guys know anything about the existence of BOOKS!!??

I just bought one; maxim gorky's "my apprenticeship". And thats a great book. :thumbsup:

Lucky for you to say that.

I can't read books. I usually get lost/my mind wanders off in a paragraph and I have to re-read it again and again, multiple times per page. When I get to the bottom of the page I remember only minor fragments of what I actually read. Then I have to re-read the page again to pick up some of the things I missed, mostly leading to even more confusion. It's maddening to go over the exact same words over and over again. :sad:

do you guys know anything about the existence of BOOKS!!??

I just bought one; maxim gorky's "my apprenticeship". And thats a great book. :thumbsup:

If I wanted to read, I'd go to school. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif

You lot are as bad as my youngest son. I have Irlen's which mean reading black on white is not possible as the words start spiralling and disappear off the page unless I use my specially tinted glasses to stop the glare. To help at uni, I had Dragon Naturally Speaking put on my computers which meant that I only had to talk to the machines and they would do what I wanted, ie open Microsoft Office, email, books etc. I could dictate my work, have it read back etc etc etc.

My youngest son must have been 5/6 when I got a phone call from his school asking me to pop in to see them as there was a problem. I got there the following day to be told that Jack was refusing to learn to read and write and that it was my fault. He was brought into the office and I asked him why he wouldn't read etc and he said that there was no need as computers could do all that for him so what was the point.

Needless to say I came home and promptly took off the program .....

Whilst technology is amazing, let us not forget that there are things we MUST learn to do ourselves :thumbsup: