The last poster wins

TheCalliton

D:

I won't stop reading it, it's very well made and I like it! (Also you just said that a 16 year old sounds like a 60+ year old man, with much more experience in life than myself. Thank you :biggrin:)

I'm going to get fantasy books and such too, just to check if I am able to read those as well. :thumbsup:

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

"When Edison's secretary would watch Edison work, she would see that he has traits that she doesn't have. Compared to her, he is more curious, creative, energetic and imaginative. Because of that, she sees him as a more capable being

When Edison looks at his secretary, he would see that she has traits that he doesn't have. Compared to him, she is more organized, faster and more effective in her work. Because of that, he sees her as a more capable being

This example wants to show that Edison and his secretary are equally valuable, but are different. Nobody is better, and nobody is worse."

One of the reasons why I love this book <3

(sorry if it's written badly, I had to translate it myself so it may not be perfect)

STOP reading that book!!!!

you are starting to sound like pagafyr :ohdear:

I thought you said you liked books and philosophy? http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif

@lv000 I always like to think of the importance of differences in terms of cavemen: most we're probably hunters and gatherers, they had those very necessary skills.

But they almost certainly weren't the ones who invented the wheel. The inventor of the wheel was probably the weird semi-autistic caveman, who was crap at hunting and spent most of his/her time in isolation rolling different shapes rocks along the floor while the others said "Ug why you roll stupid rocks, kill mammoth!".

Without the mammoth-killers the rock-roller probably starves. Without the rock-roller the mammoth-killers spend eternity carrying the damn mammoth home on their backs.

It's not just that these differences aren't a matter of better or worse - that diversity of ability is absolutely integral to our continued survival and development.

The internet is in desperate need of a sarcasm font.

Tetra, that's a nice comparison of important differences that are vital for humanity's survival and evolution.

The problem with today's society, education system mostly, is that they reward the patient, organized, easy learners. Like the secretary in my post.

But the ones that aren't as patient, organized etc etc, but are more energetic, creative, spontaneous, etc, they will get punishment because they are not like the rest. Which in turn decreases their self esteem big time and they think that they are less worth and not normal and, like myself, develop social anxiety and become anti-social. Then they try to change themselves to fit in, which goes against their active, creative, energetic nature, and they create a fake mask of themselves which is a burden because they are not what they are meant to be. That then becomes part of their daily lives, and they live with depressions and anxiety, social problems etc etc.

Even worse. Such people are then diagnosed with disabilities and are put on medicine. < That's just so the government and docs get more money, imo. They're not meant to be like the others, but are given medicine to be like them.

There's no need for medication. What such people need is higher self esteem and freedom to be flexible.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.""When Edison's secretary would watch Edison work, she would see that he has traits that she doesn't have. Compared to her, he is more curious, creative, energetic and imaginative. Because of that, she sees him as a more capable beingWhen Edison looks at his secretary, he would see that she has traits that he doesn't have. Compared to him, she is more organized, faster and more effective in her work. Because of that, he sees her as a more capable beingThis example wants to show that Edison and his secretary are equally valuable, but are different. Nobody is better, and nobody is worse."One of the reasons why I love this book <3
Are you reading a different book now? Or are you reading and making quotes from Hyperactive Dreamers?

I found out that Hyperactive Dreamers is available in CAD. The usual book stores online I search have not acquired it. Which is odd since it has been available since November 2011. It may be the fact there are several other authors with a similar title on their book and the subject matter is the same, "ADHD".