The last poster wins

TheCalliton

http://images.clipartof.com/small/1104346-Clipart-Meditating-Yellow-Emoticon-Smiley-Face-Floating-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

"Children!" Mom's voice reminded me I wasn't an adult yet. So I peered at my sister and she stuck out her tongue to remember she wasn't an adult either.

"Why don't you grow up!" I mumbled at my sister with my head so Mom and Dad could not see me whispering.

Sis shoved her salad fork into my side poking my shirt against my skin.

Dad heard Mom's harrumph, "That'll DO! You two, Now settle down!"

I intentionally gazed around the table to act as though I was checked to see if any other children were messing about, "I'm not the only one here having a bit of fun."

When Dad said my name fully declared I nearly ducked. I knew the fun was over too.

We ate in silence above the table. Under the table the foot war continued.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/whistling.gif

"Brothers," I fumed, "childish, stupid brothers."

I ate my salad pretending to ignore him when I felt his foot connect with my ankle. I nearly yelped in surprise but bit down on the piece of cucumber I was munching on, pretending I never felt anything. I kicked him back and so ensued a kicking battle, done surreptitiously beneath the dining table with our parents and guests unaware of the battle raging round them.

Four courses later, and many bruises accumulated. We rose to leave having been dismissed by our parents, we were being allowed to go to the private gardens to amuse ourselves until the "adults" had finished. We walked out with our hosts children leading the way, two girls and a boy. Behind us were a number of other children form local high ranking families and as my brother and I filed out with them we behaved as royal children were expected.

Once in the garden however things rapidly degenerated and how.....

We followed our hosts' children into the garden and I couldn't help but look at it in admiration. It reminded me so much of home and I stopped to look at the white roses tinged in pink which my father had commissioned for my mother's birthday the year I was born. They were exactly the same as the ones at the Palace we had left in such a hurry. The blooms were partially open and the fragrance was heady without being too sweet. I looked about for a gardener, wanting to choose a bloom or two for my mother.

My brother tugged my hand and we moved on, I made a mental note to make sure that blooms were sent to her room as soon as possible. It would make her smile at least. As we walked on I noticed a fountain in the centre of the garden, made of white marble and the central figure being a mermaid, brushing her hair, I stopped once again, agog at the detail, which mirrored the fountain we had left behind. The water in the fountain's base was a wonderful deep blue and lily pads moved gently on the surface in time to the sprinkle of the water being expelled from the mouths of guppies that surrounded the mermaid.

I looked into the lowest base of the fountain and, to my delight, found koi carp their golds, oranges, greys and creams simmering in the blue depths flitting in and around the lily stems and upon noticing me approached with their mouths opening and closing in the time honoured request for treats. Little niches could be found fitted into the base of the fountain filled with fish kibble and I took a handful and dribbled it onto the surface of the water. The fish ate with gusto and upon waggling my fingers in the water, they came and rubbed themselves against me as if to say "thank you".

My brother nudged me once again and I turned to find us both surrounded by the local children. They were dressed in finery as rich as my own some with genuine smiles of greeting others looking as dark as thunder.

I looked up at my brother, my hand going to his elbow and squeezing it for reassurance. "Don't worry Midgit," he whispered, "there are more friends than foes here. Of things get out of hand go for help, I saw Tollor in the library as we walked through the gardens. He'll come if you call him."

I nodded and waited with him to see what would happen next......

I looked at the growing crowds frowning face's. "Who is up for a game of adventure?!'

I waited to see if the idea brightened anyone's eyes. "Than it's a battle we shall have! But first we must establish a leader among us, a knights right arm, and an evil villain!" I looked about the faces searching for one or two to brighten up.

Up jumped a young male, two maybe three years, my senior. His body was bigger than mine at the chest and stayed the same width all the way down to his thighs. Heavier than me by fifteen pounds. He had the appearance of an aged recruit. His face looked a bit too sour to my liking. "I challenge you for the right to lead."

The thought horrified me and it might have begun to show on my face, but sis jerked my hand hard and pointed with her nose at the crowd moving in closer, "Their eyes looked hungry."

I let go of my sister hand and stood tall. I sensed I was going to die, but to die a coward was not in me at that moment. I looked up at the bigger fellow, "OKAY!"

He leapt and came flying at me fast. His weight smashed into me. I had not received training so I was off balance and hit the dirt on my back. I looked up with my tender young eyes. He looked down and charged in to rough me up some more. I rolled out of his way, buckled my knees up to get a foot hold and run. He hit me from behind and I was flattened down on my face. I felt his weight pushing down on me. I sense my end was near. I felt the energy in me about to break and give up the little boy feelings, when, I felt that fear creeping in that I had when I touched the amulet before sis arrived in my room that day we left the Summer palace, and discovered I had it.

I had my waist pinned down, I pried my left arm out from under my chest, I pressed the ground with my right hand. I prepared to be crushed. I felt the tension in my left arm as I pushed to try and roll so he would fall off me. My left shoulder was off the ground. I lifted my hand suddenly. When my shoulder popped it threw my elbow back behind me. My elbow slammed out and caught him by the temple of his left ear. He fell sideways.

I rolled too, but only half way to my right side. The force lifted my left up until I was at the knee and slipped my foot up under me. I sprang to my feet as he wobbled shifting for a stand. He thrust his body forward.

I wasn't quick enough to avoid another full body slam. As we collided my left foot was coming round to stand face to face with him. I bent down. I grabbed his right wrist with my right hand. His forward motion caused him to hit his gut against my lowered right shoulder. My left leg and foot flew forward as I held on to his wrist and my right leg was bending at the knee under his increasing weight.

The force of my left leg drew me forward at the waist. He tried to pull his right wrist free. I tightened my grip. The act caused me to fall forward until my left foot fell and found ground. His weight kept sliding across my back and down as I was pulled up by his own arm. My right leg shot out behind me and spun around because of him pulling me suddenly with his right arm. I felt it swing like a sword as I my left legs foot pivoted around.

Everything was a blur. I felt my right leg slam into something. I felt my back straighten. I felt my self being pulled against the back of him until my right foot found ground. I had his wrist gripped tightly and as the world slowed down I saw I had knocked him on to the ground face down.

I pulled his wrist back and planted my left foot and snapped my right foot over to his right knee and pressed the back of his leg down. He was trying to get his other hand closer down from above his head when I quickly lifted and drove my left foot down on his shoulder so he could not.

As my eyes grasped the movement stopping I saw a dark mist rise from between his shoulder blades at the back of his neck. It rose and twisted in the air. I saw it, I saw my sister, I saw her eyes, her eyes went wide, and the specter vanished.

"YIELD TO MY WILL!" The boy had stopped fighting to get up.

I heard a soft cry, but it did not come from him it came from crowd of children around us. My sister started to move in toward me.

"I yield!" The voice was different, but it still came from the young man, "I YIELD!"

The arm I had twisted behind his back I let go. I felt my heart racing in my chest. I recalled the words of my Father, "I see you have earned your first rewards from battle."

"I yield!" The head on the ground turned to look out of the eye I could see. I could see in that one eye he was terrified. "You've released me! I swear an oath to serve as your first knight."

That I did not expect. He got to his left knee and raised his right leg onto its foot, "I beg of you to accept me as your right hand."

I quickly returned to my previous game plan, "You've earned your reward!" Thinking quickly, wrong words. I will grant you your wish as soon as you have proven your self as a knight." Thinking again, better words. "Is there anyone who will stand and challenge him?!"

I looked at the faces. The crowd had lost it's doom and gloom looks. I reset my stance so my pose was of that of I was a winner. No one raised a finger much less a hadn.

My mouth shaped a big O, "Then. All who would join us in the battle of evil raise a hand!"

The hands of many popped up like flower pistols shooting out of the colors of a flower garden.

I looked at sis, "Quickly take a count."

She looked at me, "They are all raising their hand's."

I moved my mouth in close to her left ear, "They all can't be on our side! We need some to play the evil leaders side."

Sis looked at me, "I don't think they think we are playing anymore."

"Children! Return to your parent's." The Captain of the guard approached as the other children departed after being dismissed. Tollor was with him. "You've proven yourself again young man. This time no one could help you. For we were all blinded by the one who was possessed. Your right arm! Give it to me!"

I lifted it up for Tollor to see. He snatched me by the wrist and hurriedly rolled up my sleeve. He turn his head and stared at the guard captain. Turning his eyes to direct the captain to look at my forearm. "There is the proof! All the proof you need to see." Turning his gaze back upon my arm, "Someone is practicing magic on your lad's. Here! Look at his arm. The muscles have barely recovered from being twisted nearly out of joint."

The captain of the guards eyes bugged out of his head as his cheeks filled with air, "MOATA!"

I heard Tollor's words as the sharp pains reached my mind. Tollor spoke in funny words like he did when he casts a spell.

I felt myself pass out. Tollor and Sis both caught me as I fell.

Shadows swam around in my head...

I felt the world spinning around and around. I felt my stomach rising and falling like a boat on the sea. I felt the water in my insides suddenly spew forth my lunch.

I heard a muffled voice, "He'll be alright now! It is shock nothing more." As my eyes reasoned with the way I was situated I saw the bucket being raised up to my face as one more lurch from my innards squeezed a little bit of water out of me.

Toller was talking to Dad and Mom. "The other boy was possesed by a weak demon. It was growing strong with all the children there over time when the lad he fought. The other children were being drained of their life force a litte each time the captain son fought. It must have been going on here for months before we arrived. When I felt the air as it was released from the boy I knew. I went as quickly as I could. Fortunately I was reviewing the man power and standing with the Captain of the Guard at the time. He reluctantly followed, as the boy who was under the spell is his son and he sensed his sons shame. I feared we were up against another of Coandor works. But than I saw the black spirit go into the west tower. The captain assures me know one lives there or uses it that he knows of. I sent my orb to seek the whereabouts of the spirit. It waits in the tower for someone."

"Is he going to be alright?!" Mom held my head in her lap.

"Yes, but we must capture who ever created that spirit or it may disclose our where abouts into the dark realm. And that would not be good. This secret place would be no secret anymore." Tollor looked at my sister. "I wish to use your daughters mana to help me to flush out the author of this script of magic. Black as it may be it can do more harm if we don't act quickly." He puased knowing my parent's had little choice, "I only need a little of her mana."

Mom and Dads concern for me and for all of us shown on their faces. They looked tired and old. They voices joined in unison, "Little one?"

Just than I felt a presence, a whisper, "Don't let them hurt me! I will serve you as MOATA has sworn he would, I give you my oath! But don't let them hurt me!"

"Alright!" I looked around through blurred vision, "I give you my word. No one will hurt you. Swear your oath to us all aloud, now!"

The voice did, and a middle elf girl, appeared.

Father yelped, "Take her!"

I gulped to keep back the bile in my throat, "She is mine to command. Father. Everyone, let her be! Let her be, so she can explain her self now."

She looked at me, "Thank you, Sire."

"Sir Tollor I did not make that thing from my magic I found it when it was very small and thought it was safe to keep. When its power grew I had only its affection, for me, to keep it from harming me. You must help me! I don't know how to return it to whence it came."

Tollor looked astonished. "You've held that dark demon bound to you by affection?" He looked at my sister, he looked at the elf girl, "What's your name?"

"Miera."

"Miera. Both of you girls come with me!" He looked at my parent's whose faces wore wrinkles of puzzlement.

Tollor smiled, "We may have gained two new allies. I still need midgits mana, but for another enchantment entirely. Safer!"

I looked up, "Miera."

Tollor looked over at me, "Sleep." I half expected I would as I was getting tired, but as the word left his mouth my mind obeyed.

Tollor looked at Miera, "When we arrive at the tower you draw it in, midgit and I will use our power and give it a nice new home. This will be a good education for you midgit. A fun one. Now let's go!"

http://th821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/aokiharu/Gifs/emoticons/Kaoani/th_20070706_Japonesmusica.gif http://th821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/aokiharu/Gifs/emoticons/Kaoani/th_20070706_Japonesteclado.gif http://th821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/aokiharu/Gifs/emoticons/Kaoani/th_20070706_Japonesviolao.gif

They look like bilirubin deficient poo. :biggrin:

You are not a nice person today

http://www.messengeremoticons.info/sites/default/files/images/emoticons/Icecream.gif?1299767780

It's not just today :biggrin:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/smilies/charge%5B1%5D.gif

Well, I'm sure of one thing! You guys turned this topic into something, uh... everything!

however, I win...

Of course we have, we wouldn't want to bore you now would we :D