The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm in Podgora, like every year. But with internet this time :biggrin: I'll make sure to do that if I'll be in Zadar :thumbsup:

I'll try to find an unprotected wifi spot somewhere, there must be one. There is always one. :ninja:

I believe The Big Bang Theory has yet to make it across the pond. Like Community, it has a lot of quintessentially American pop culture references and might not translate well.

In my most humble of opinions, The Big Bang Theory is the best multi-camera sitcom since Seinfeld. It's on CBS, which has a surplus of those type of shows and none of the other ones are watchable for more than an episode. Two Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement are malignant comedy cancer. CBS also does that with cop/legal dramas. The Good Wife is good while everything else: CSI, CSI: New York, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods, NYC 22, and Criminal Minds is or has been turned into derivative abortions of melodrama.

I'm just full of opinions today.

CBS Cares.... But not about quality programing.

BAZINGA!

Big Bang Theory has very much made it to the UK, it's on regular broadcast TV (Channel4 or E4). Actually I think probably 90% of the shows you've listed are here on one channel or another, since our number of free to air channels exploded there's plenty of people willing to import just about anything to fill the hours. But anyway, BBT = best non-animated US comedy ever. Sadly I have to say it is going downhill a bit in more recent series. I find American comedies have a habit of turning into semi-soap operas as they get older. Consequence of the high number of episodes they get through I guess (which is a blessing and a curse). Over here a long running comedy tends to be more like, 2 or 3 series of 6 to 8 episodes.

Community was also broadcast on one of the really minor (but also free to air) channels a while back, maybe "Watch"?, saw a season/series and a half, wasn't bad.

Both translate fine to be honest, you obviously get the occasional moment of "I'm sure that was funny if I'd seen what they're referencing" but not many, and you can usually spot that that's what's going on rather than thinking "what on Earth are they on about here?".

yup, unfortunately, sleep patterns totally screwed. sleep disorders are a nightmare to live with, but at least its quiet and I can think :D