The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I used my muscles to work on building the computer. I used a Dremel to make the huge case even bigger so I could get the Antec CP-1000 into the case. Only a quarter of an inch cut out of the cases inner lip was needed. I drilled holes and clipped off trim so the huge boxes screw holes lined up with the back.

Pah! Today I literally took down a tree with nothing more than my bare hands, a glorified pair of scissors, and the awesome combined power of brute force and logic!

OK, so it wasn't THAT big a tree, OK I did briefly attempt to get a jigsaw at it too (but that broke, feeble power-tools), but it was bloody hard graft for a feeble geek such as myself.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I used my muscles to work on building the computer. I used a Dremel to make the huge case even bigger so I could get the Antec CP-1000 into the case. Only a quarter of an inch cut out of the cases inner lip was needed. I drilled holes and clipped off trim so the huge boxes screw holes lined up with the back.

Pah! Today I literally took down a tree with nothing more than my bare hands, a glorified pair of scissors, and the awesome combined power of brute force and logic!

OK, so it wasn't THAT big a tree, OK I did briefly attempt to get a jigsaw at it too (but that broke, feeble power-tools), but it was bloody hard graft for a feeble geek such as myself.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

OH! YEAH! I resemble that remark. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/geek.gif

The win is mine again! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/woot.gif

Brok-it's a very early walking robot. Walking is something scientists have been obsessed with for a long time, since making a robot walk(as we do, dynamically) is very, very hard. A "walk" is not a simple moving of the legs in a way that produces motion, it's also got to be able to dynamically move it's feet and legs based on terrain, such as lifting it's feet to go up stairs, or stick out a leg if it's off balance, as an organic would. This looks like an early attempt.

These are modern equivalents, the left is an Atrax, a small Australian designed walking robot that emulates Arachnid movements, on the right is a 1996 John-Deer Timberjack walker. And with that, I win. SCIENCE!!!!!!!! :geek:

Edited by Vindekarr