The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Odyssey?

Yeah. And I must say, it's a very boring book.

Iliad's better :biggrin:

Anything's better than the Aeneid though. That really is drivel.

I had to read through all of those.

And with read through I mean read the first few pages, get lost, and download the short version. Especially the Croatian versions, sounds so cheesy I wanted to rip my eyes out.

I barely remember anything actually, so I won't comment any further.

So are we talking about books again? I got a new one about psychological problems and intellectual stuff. It's more of a self help book like the last one was I read, but with less autobiography. I don't know why I enjoy reading those, so don't ask. I'll try the ones people suggested as well. Sometime. In the future. >.>

I remember reading The Odyssey... :yucky: Actually we didn't read all of it even, but it was still very long and... Meh.

Anyway I restarted Skyrim and it ran fine, except for Riften, which for whatever reason has always lagged for me. But no where else.

Odyssey?

Yeah. And I must say, it's a very boring book.

Iliad's better :biggrin:

Anything's better than the Aeneid though. That really is drivel.

I had to read through all of those.

And with read through I mean read the first few pages, get lost, and download the short version. Especially the Croatian versions, sounds so cheesy I wanted to rip my eyes out.

I barely remember anything actually, so I won't comment any further.

So are we talking about books again? I got a new one about psychological problems and intellectual stuff. It's more of a self help book like the last one was I read, but with less autobiography. I don't know why I enjoy reading those, so don't ask. I'll try the ones people suggested as well. Sometime. In the future. >.>

Oh they are pretty cheesy, but hey they're about 3000 years old ;)

I love some of the cheesy repeated epithets and phrases. The English translation we had at school had the wonderful:

"and then Dawn came, fresh and rosy fingered" :biggrin:

Biggest problem with the Odyssey to be honest, even if you can get into it and past the language, is that Odysseus is basically a git.

In a "oh no, my men can't possibly stay here where they're perfectly happy and safe, surrounded by friendly people who give them bliss inducing fruits to eat, get back on the boat so I can get home to my wife! Oh yeah, my darling wife, kinda forgot about her while I was shacked up with that witch who turned my men (who I'd heroically rescued from a life of perpetual bliss) into pigs, and might have been ever so slightly unfaithful to her while I was 'held captive' by a beautiful nymph on a desert island for 7 years, when all I really needed to do to leave was ask" kinda way.

Git.

Riften lags for me as well a bit. Not much though. Markarth too.

Also, did you guys know Skrillex made Reptile's theme for Mortal Kombat? Not sure if it's in the game or if it's only a soundtrack CD thing. Still.

Guess what hides behind the spoiler. :dance:

Ear 'rape' warning :biggrin:

And with that I leave you. Night <3

@tetra

"and then Dawn came, fresh and rosy fingered"

That sounds beautiful compared to how the Cro version sounds like.

I think it's just me not liking my own language though. :teehee:

Edited by Iv000