The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I don't get it, why is it so hard to take your own life? It's like some primordial instinct that you can't control is trying hard to keep you alive even if you don't want to live. It drives me insane.

I ate pancakes and they were tasty. :psyduck:

@Werne

Maybe you sold your soul already /jk

Honestly I think everyone's life is worth living, but who am I to judge if people truly think their life is s***.

If I win the lottery I'll give you a part so you can have a happier life.

E: Auto-censoring? :psyduck: I want my free speech back.

Edited by Iv000

Oh weird there is a hanger clip on my desk. o_O I didn't put that there...

On a side note the clip reminds me of the aliens from movies such as Alien or Aliens or Aliens vs Predator or Aliens vs Predator whatever the second was called or the other Alien movie that I can't remember... Except its white and doesn't look right on the back. :P

Maybe you sold your soul already /jk

Honestly I think everyone's life is worth living, but who am I to judge if people truly think their life is s***.

If I win the lottery I'll give you a part so you can have a happier life.

I did sell my soul, Lucifer wanted to return it but I didn't want to take it. And I don't get why is life worth living, all we get to do is listen and obey till we die, there's no freedom or anything worth living for. Except love, the reason I thank that instinct every day, if it wasn't for love I'd be dead a long time ago.

Your cells an spinal chord want to continue even if you don't.

I hate human anatomy.

I don't get it, why is it so hard to take your own life? It's like some primordial instinct that you can't control is trying hard to keep you alive even if you don't want to live. It drives me insane.

Seriously?

It's a matter of finding a sure fire method that can't be undone once started, such as a very very high bridge to jump off. (Barring the miniscule % of people who would survive such a very very high fall by chance).

If someone is unwilling or unable to choose and enact such a foolproof and irreversible method and only prepared to use methods which they know for various reasons can fail or be stopped part way through due to the intervention of others, then they don't actually want to die.

I don't think the vast majority of people who attempt 'suicide' actually want to die. They don't want to live, but that's a different thing.

For many I think it's a desperate all-or-nothing-bet roll of the dice in a game they are losing, where someone genuinely seeking death isn't even rolling the dice any more, they've folded and walked out.

The instinct to survive is fairly hard wired into the body and psyche. You have to be a very very long way down a very dark road (or mentally incapacitated) to be totally past that instinct.

Going along with my "most people who attempt it don't want to die" angle, you can even perceive some attempts AS an attempt to survive, an attempt by one part of the individual to force the rest of itself (and the rest of the world) to realise that if something doesn't change then they won't survive much longer.

If someone truly wants to die, they will find a way. But they might not if they just don't want to live.