The last poster wins

TheCalliton

What has everyone got again Eric Banna all of a sudden :(

I happened to like him in Troy, The Hulk and I also liked him in Munich, that film had such punch, it really brought home the horror and grief of what went on at that time.

He's not my favourite actor, but I can respect Eric Bana. He's not bad and there's many worse-he's also put a lot of money into the preservation of rare cars. This I appreciate. When he's not filming he's an amateur race driver-I've seen him in action twice and he's pretty good. No Ickx, but not bad.Mybe he should quit his day job.

Just finished Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron. The girl at EB looked at me funny when I bought it, being 19, but I grew up watching G-1, and still have fond memories of the series, so when I heard they'd actually made a decent Transformers game for grown-ups, and I had credit from Darksiders 2, so I picked it up. I was really impressed to, it tells a pretty good story, the music's excellent, the combat's good, but more importantly it feels like the devs watched Transformers as kids, grew up, and then made a Transformers game for the same fans who watched G1 and are now adults. It actually translated really well to an adult game, while it's by no means a Halo or a Battlefield, it was still very entertaining and it was nice to play through a universe I have such fond memories of. It also did some interesting, creative things-most namely changing protagonists as it suits the story(sometimes multiple times per level), and having nearly seemless level transitions via cutscene.

Now if only the films were that good-FOC clearly proves the series doesn't need to rely on Megan Fox's bum and MichealBaysplosions, it's got a good enough story that with some thought I'm sure you could do a good film. 'Pity really.

I also picked up Darksiders 2 today, not the most auspiciously hyped game around at the moment but I'm loving it. It does absolutely nothing innovative in any way, but rather sticks to classic ideas and concepts. Though far from innovative it works very well, and is extremely polished(excluding some poor graphics) I'm not too far into it yet, but I like it, and the fact that it actually works makes it a quantum leap better than God Of War already. I have never been able to finish a God Of War game, all 3 I've played ended with impassible "Kill-Screens" where the game reached an artea transition that apparently didn't trigger properly, leaving the game stuck, usually in an endless animation loop. Such as Kronos falling over, forver.

Edited by Vindekarr

In hindsight the only good thing about Darksiders is that buying it gave me credit on better, worthier games. Honestly, I've seen some bad stuff lately with a THQ badge on it(Space Marine was a travesty, Saints Row 3 was an obcenity, Red Faction 4 was simply an aborted abomination) but this one takes the cake. Not only does the PC version have V-sync as it's only point of difference from the console code, but the game itself, V-sync or not is such a steaming pile of hogvomit that I'd really rather not see it in any higher graphical detail anyway. The problem is the level design. It's got big, expansive environments...

...WITH NOTHING IN THEM! NOT EVEN 3-D GRASS!!! I mean for crying out loud, it's got an open area near the begining that you could park three modern aircraft carriers in(and that's literally true) but that's literally empty. No mobs, just some smudgy green "turf"(that looks like green painted carpet) and a single rock. The game's almost totally deprived of life, and while I admit recent RPGs have left me spoiled, this isn't ghetto or low budget, it's just bad, plain andn simple. It's like they put all the effort in the first 45 minutes, then stopped trying. The other problem with it being so empty is that it takes eons to level up, since you've basically got nothing to kill to do so-I quickly reached the point where I couldn't leave the second zone, since the mandatory bosses where in their high teens, and I couldn't get past L2 due to lack of anything living to make non-living. It's not often when I buy a full price premium AAA title, and a small budget game, and the small budget game wins. But it happened today.

Edited by Vindekarr

So I want to play Dark Souls.

I start it up, it starts in windowed mode (lol). Then I get a window saying that I cannot save unless I am logged into Live. On top of that, I forgot my Live password. Time to go resetting again!