The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Yeah, it seems that Microsoft's new Outlook website and GFWL aren't synchronized yet. I had to login separately via the Outlook account to get it.

So Dark Souls.

Graphics options: AA and Motion Blur. Not that I expected much, at least it's something.

I'll play a bit and then come and rant over the smallest details.

E:

It's a poor port.

But hey, it's DS and it's on PC. We didn't want anything more anyway.

Blurry graphics can be fixed with a d3d9.dll, search for the fix on google.

Controls are eh, but playable.

Random FPS drops, but playable.

From Soft said they have no idea what they're doing with porting it and it seems they were right. But, I am thankful for their honesty and that they even considered porting this thing to PC.

Edited by Iv000

So Dark Souls is worth getting but Darksiders isn't is that correct???

Really depends on the person.

You mean Darksiders 2 I imagine? or 1? Either way, it's basically God of War with it's own style. It's pretty good though.

Dark Souls is quite unique I have to say. But it's definitely not for the soft hearted. It's hardcore, lots of dying, lots of strategic combat and very very difficult at first. But rewarding. If you plan on getting Dark Souls then be prepared for a lot of difficulty. Also, you must have a controller to play it, mouse and keyboard controls are really horrible. (If you plan on getting it on PC that is)

Darksiders is a hack and slash game, a good one and not too challenging, but there's no replay value and it gets boring fast IMO. I recommend Dark Souls.

Does Games for Windows Live use the same password as live.com? Outlook now?

I changed those and it still says invalid username/password. Why Microsoft? Why are you doing this?

Hope you like the username you chose, 'cos it costs about £10 to change it afterwards :verymad:

I thought Steam was bad, then I took a Live and Origin to the knee.

Hope you like the username you chose, 'cos it costs about £10 to change it afterwards :verymad:

I thought Steam was bad, then I took a Live and Origin to the knee.

What? Oh god no. :facepalm:

I just got a new alias that I'm using besides this one, the one I used for GFWL is so noobish.

And I'm not sure if it's worth getting an Xbox anyway. I want to do it only because of my friend. That's the problem when you're a PC gamer and your best friend is a console gamer 5k miles away from you.

Oh well I shouldn't complain, it's amazing that we developed such a friendship just through text based discussion. Thank you internet! :biggrin: