The last poster wins

TheCalliton

lol, that's the one and I'm fine they were checking for ulcers and the like as I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I'd been anaemic. The cause was found and not linked to stomach or bowel, but at least I know that I'm pretty healthy ie no loss of lining etc at the moment due to the syndrome.

Had the one down the throat too and I was awake. Ended up in hospital though for two hours after the examination as I fainted from shock. My daughter was nigh on hysterical as one moment I was fine and the next I was on oxygen back in recovery lmao. I'm such a wimp at times.

I had that tube down the throat for Gastro-Aesophigal Reflux, or Acid Reflux, and I felt so embarrassed when I had it done awake because there was the doc and 4 nurses in the room and I was gagging like mad and trying not to laugh at the noises I was making :facepalm:

I wish I let them put me under!

Me too, I asked them to but the consultant talked me out of it. I found it hysterically funny trying to find my happy place whilst also trying to convince myself I wasn't choking to death on a rubber pipe stuffed down my throat. They did a countdown on the 15 minutes it was gonna take to do the examination and minor procedure ie taking away the polyps and a biopsy. The "little scratch" that they tell you wont hurt which then feels like they're trying to pull your stomach out of your mouth, was just too much for me I guess after it all finished.

I felt so silly fainting "after" the fact rather than during it. I was put straight to bed once I got home and slept for hours. It was a shock to say the least.

I went to hospital cause I had a throat infection and they had to take a sample off my throat. Like, just stroke my throat with a stick and that's it. Well when the lady tried to do that and I felt that stick in my throat, I instinctively grabbed her hand and tried to push her away from me :facepalm:

So much shame in one day is too much even for me.

lol, that's the one and I'm fine they were checking for ulcers and the like as I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and I'd been anaemic. The cause was found and not linked to stomach or bowel, but at least I know that I'm pretty healthy ie no loss of lining etc at the moment due to the syndrome.

Had the one down the throat too and I was awake. Ended up in hospital though for two hours after the examination as I fainted from shock. My daughter was nigh on hysterical as one moment I was fine and the next I was on oxygen back in recovery lmao. I'm such a wimp at times.

I had that tube down the throat for Gastro-Aesophigal Reflux, or Acid Reflux, and I felt so embarrassed when I had it done awake because there was the doc and 4 nurses in the room and I was gagging like mad and trying not to laugh at the noises I was making :facepalm:

I wish I let them put me under!

Me too, I asked them to but the consultant talked me out of it. I found it hysterically funny trying to find my happy place whilst also trying to convince myself I wasn't choking to death on a rubber pipe stuffed down my throat. They did a countdown on the 15 minutes it was gonna take to do the examination and minor procedure ie taking away the polyps and a biopsy. The "little scratch" that they tell you wont hurt which then feels like they're trying to pull your stomach out of your mouth, was just too much for me I guess after it all finished.

I felt so silly fainting "after" the fact rather than during it. I was put straight to bed once I got home and slept for hours. It was a shock to say the least.

I didn't find it quite that traumatic, i've had much worse done to me though. It's weird because I was being talked into actually having the anaesthetic! Maybe the doc knew what was coming :tongue:

Edited by Ironman5000

I know all of you have been missing my random cat pictures, so here's one:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8374/photoisf.jpg

This is what I saw 20 minutes after I came back from vacation a few days ago. Someone missed me :happy:

I know all of you have been missing my random cat pictures, so here's one:

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8374/photoisf.jpg

This is what I saw 20 minutes after I came back from vacation a few days ago. Someone missed me :happy:

What breed is your cat? Is it a Russian Blue? I must know.