The last poster wins

TheCalliton

You checked his page to see when he was last logged on???

It shows Aug. 28. :mellow: And I win.

You sent him a PM??

I was watching the paralympics tonight. I must say-I found it a lot more interesting and impressive than the ordinary olympics-and felt a great deal more admiration for the athletes. It's one thing to run like hell; it's another to do so with cerebral palsey. And some of the events had much more interesting rules, too, such as Goalball, a game vaguely ressembling football, but played completely blind, and in near-total silence. A surreal atmosphere to be sure, but a very interesting and compelling sport to watch. A lot more interesting than watching some fat ogre of a man called Rooney charge across a field swearing and punch an opposing player in the head.

On an unrelated topic, I saw a car today that made me almost regret my choice of professions. A Nissan GT-R R35. The R-35 is on face value, an easy machine to admire; beautifully constructed, beautifully designed, and simultaneously continuing the traditions of the Nissan Skyline GT-R while being a monument to modern technology. Good god I hope I never have to see one again. Damn things are a mechanic's worst nightmare. Working on a regular car, especialy an older one, is like setting a bone, or re-socketing a dislocation. Working on these damn Nissans is like performing neurosurgery; bloody things have computers to control everything, and more wires than a Favela power-pole. I was only doing minor work, but it was still a painfully unpleasent machine to work on. And god save you if you have to make major crash repairs-the chassis is assymetrical in four different directions, and the hand-made V-6 engine is "partially" incompatible with parts from other GT-Rs. And what kind of sadistic monster puts the oilpan UNDER a sharp-edged plate of carbon fibre? I mean there's "bad user friendliness" and then there's out-and-out sadism.

I like them, I really do, and have been thinking of buying one(used) but damn, if a modern automobile is a 5000 piece jigsaw, a modern Japanese car is a 50,000 piece, while a GT-R is a 550,000 piece jigsaw. With pointy edges. 'Same thing for carbon fibre; it's pretty stuff, and amazingly light, but try handling it! it's usually razor sharp, I've got a four inch long cut to prove it.

Edited by Vindekarr