The last poster wins

TheCalliton

All is forgiven. :wub:

:wub: I love you sweetheart, always.

I now feel all warm and fluffy. Can I join in and say I love you guys too without seeming to be pervy??? I'm not, its just that there's too little love floating around nowadays and to see it is good. Good karma is good, serotonin and endorphins rule :wub:

Nah uh. I WIN ! http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yes.gif

What was your dream for your future when you were a child?

Did it come true? Or haven't you had the time to live it?

You know you had one.

You WIN !

I dreamt I would be a top doctor flying round the world helping those that needed my expertise. Unfortunately at the time when I could've gone to med school I found out that blood and guts and I didn't mix. I fainted at the sight of a paper cut :(

The day I passed my Saint John's Ambulance course I got involved in a major car incident on the way to the bus station to go home. A man had a heart attack whilst driving his BMW, he hit the accelerator, a man and his pregnant wife were crossing the road, the man threw his wife out of the way and got hit by the car, he was thrown off at the crossroads and the car hit the bridge abutment and stopped.

I checked the pregnant wife who was with, of all things, a midwife also on her way to the bus station. She was being cared for so I went to the man following the detritus of clothing that marked his passage, a shoe, a sock, part of a trouser leg, I truly expected the worst. The man in the car was being looked after by a shopkeeper and his son so I knew he was ok. The husband (who's name I will never forget, Chris Kitchen) was lying in the middle of the crossroads, I told him to lie still and asked if he was in pain. He was but couldn't localise it which was good, it meant he was in shock more than anything else. I checked for broken bones and his limbs seemed fine except for deep lacerations in his right arm and leg. By this time the police had arrived and cordoned off the area. The officer on the scene told me to levitate his arm and leg and keep him talking, I was doing ok. I asked him his name and what he did for a living and he told me. He and his wife had been for an early dinner as he was flying to Hong Kong for a business meeting, It was the 3rd time he'd tried to go and it looked like he was gonna miss the flight again. I laughed and told him that maybe the fates were letting him know that it wasn't meant to be :)

He asked about his wife and I told him she was fine and with a midwife. He was stunned at the luck and I explained I was on my way home from a 1st Aid Course. He looked at me and smiled and said that maybe the fates were looking after him and his family after all. He then started panicking about his glasses which were totally destroyed as they were glass lenses. I put the fames in his pocket and started telling him jokes. As we swapped jokes and laughed raucously the police officers looked at us as if we'd totally lost the plot.

Ambulances turned up and Chris's wife was put in one and he asked to go with her. The Police made arrangements for this and they came for him after settling his wife.

The guy in the car was being worked on and I was told by the Police that he was dead at the scene. It was sad but three others still lived that should have died.

I phoned the hospital after I got home and found out that Chris was fine, abrasions and mild concussion. His wife was 8 months pregnant but she was ok too and was being kept in over night for observation.

I never heard from them again, but think of them often and wish them all well. I guess the moral of the story is, I could've gone with my dream of being a medic instead of a BIT troubleshooter, but I didn't believe in myself, and nor did my folks. That is why I encourage my kids, no matter how old they are they should always go for what they want, if they don't try, they'll never know....

End of lecture for today :D :D :D

All is forgiven. :wub:

:wub: I love you sweetheart, always.

I now feel all warm and fluffy. Can I join in and say I love you guys too without seeming to be pervy??? I'm not, its just that there's too little love floating around nowadays and to see it is good. Good karma is good, serotonin and endorphins rule :wub:

Sure naomis, and thank you. :happy: