The last poster wins

TheCalliton

That's why GT5 rules them all, although Project cars is looking promising, and they devs say iits not a shift two clone or anything, and it will come with a ck. So if the devs wont do it the fans will. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

Its a true sim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLZe7cvCoPU&feature=related

what the day night cycle looks like

Edited by Thor.

Thor-that's actually the Shift 2 UI. Not a Shift clone my stinkey socks.

But I agree, Gran Turismo is a masterpiece, it's the tyrant ruler of all racing games and right now, no other title comes even close to impinging it's decade long rule as the tyranosaurus of driving games.

They are using the same engine but the physics are completely different.but with the added directx11 they can do whatever they want with a open source almost game. if you have any ideas and complaints you should try their home page and forum. Its like a office. They will take any criticism and suggestions, sense you stated you have some real racing experience http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif Edited by Thor.

Damn I hope so, the physics in Shift were it's undoing-if it had good physics, it could kill. But it didnt, cars wobbled around like they were made of jelly, and the steering was so heavy and imprecise, you sort of aimed at the corner and prayed.

Shift 2 is tied with Forza Horizon, for me, for worst. They're both horrible, unrealistic and just simply not fun. there's no precison or feel, and sometimes the car acts randomly.

Best would probably be one of the Codemasters games, the handling in F1 2012 is pretty much perfect-there's enormous feel, meaning if you make a mistake, you know immediately and can counter it. You feel like you can feel the road through the tyres, and you can use this to judge how to take the corners. THIS is how driving physics should be-in real life racing, this feel is critical to how you drive. Games without it are also without one of the real joys of racing.

Spyhunter had great car physics, too, I loved that game.

Edited by Vindekarr

I do the real thing, but video games are a lot cheaper. Real racing costs a surprising amount of money-keeping your licence, tyres, fuel, you go through it fast, or atleast my Typhoon does. If I could trackday for free, I would, but right now, finance comes first, and it's cheaper to play video games. Forza I will say though, if you can slug through the first hour of boobs N Dubstep, DOES get a lot better. Not magnificent, but the physics come alive with a bit of power, and exploring colorado in a seven-hundred horsepower Camaro ZL1 is a lot of fun.