The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm opting out on Windows 8. Windows seven all the way, until the day it stops being updated or games lack requirements of windows 7.

Vista all over again.

I dont see a point in upgrading to 8 if you have 7 unless youre a dev/designer. It's more or less the same thing + Metro. But I have to do this, mostly cause it's the future OS, meaning everything will be based on it, and my designer instincts tell me to do so. (I'm dual booting it though, W7 is still my main.)

I have to plan ahead and always be future proof. And I also get to play with new software. :happy:

I might get another 256gb ssd in the near future, but when i do it won't be installed or bought. I'm not willing to do a clean install of windows 7 yet just for a partitioned drive.

Same here but needs cleaning, blasted birds and poo, not to mention dirty. We just bought them two years ago, almost brand new, sssiiiggghhh... Edited by Thor.

Win 8,

+ Clean and minimalistic interface, quicker everything and bootup too. Some nice new design choices, Metro is interesting to use. I love to play around in it. Also gestures.

- Metro might be interesting, but you have to get used to it. You actually have to get used to everything, this does not feel like the usual Windows OS. It's a totally new redesign of everything you knew before, you have to relearn the basics all over again. When using IE from Metro it goes fullscreen and replaces a lot of the usual functions. Like RMB is now opening up pannels in IE, not the popup window. The Start button is gone/replaced with Metro. Wth? Bad design decision MS, bad. They changed Task Manager :( Why? It was cute the way it was. Also, I don't see a clock right now and I have no idea how late it is. Teh fak. (Apparently, the clock appears after you move the mouse to the top right corner, and then over the panel that pops up. Bothersome.)

That was my short mininini first look at W8. :hurr:

Basically saying 'Nope, stick to W7. W8 is the same thing but mini-er, clean-er and touchy-er. And since most of us don't have a touchy thing, useless-er too.'

And now I shall play with the design, the app store and the SDK. :happy: