The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Passed out cold for 3hours, now i am awake. I had a small cold and when ever i get sick as i found out. Sleep always gets rid of it. Always. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif

:facepalm:

Am I the only person who doesn't feel the Witcher series being mature?

I wrote a rant about why I think the game is immature.

But if I posted it then people would think I'm heterophobic, which I'm not, I'm just a traumatized gay teenager.

That said I will just say that I dislike the sex scenes in both games, especially the card collection in the first one.

And as my 'heterophobic or stuck-up' rant would have said, if it's already a game about choice they could have put in gay sex at least. Which ironically isn't a choice so idk what to say anymore without sounding like a stuck-up idiot.

I'll just switch topics and say that my new gaming mouse arrived and it feels like I'm fingering a dragon. This thing is beautiful and it has the most epic glowy symbol ever.

But if I posted it then people would think I'm heterophobic, which I'm not, I'm just a traumatized gay teenager.

That said I will just say that I dislike the sex scenes in both games, especially the card collection in the first one.

And as my 'heterophobic or stuck-up' rant would have said, if it's already a game about choice they could have put in gay sex at least. Which ironically isn't a choice so idk what to say anymore without sounding like a stuck-up idiot.

I'll just switch topics and say that my new gaming mouse arrived and it feels like I'm fingering a dragon. This thing is beautiful and it has the most epic glowy symbol ever.

I wouldn't. It's acutally refreshing to see that there are people who think that way. Just don't listen to the Dudebros, they got nothing on you :thumbsup:

Oh and I win

I wouldn't. It's acutally refreshing to see that there are people who think that way. Just don't listen to the Dudebros, they got nothing on you :thumbsup:

Well thanks. It's nice to see someone positively responding to the things I say.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, I really loved Witcher 2 (and I haven't played the first one yet). I'm just saying that things like these:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/04/playboy.jpg

http://m.ocdn.eu/_m/68d805b80eb198b4e96edb0e0121a84e,61,1.jpg

Are too f***ing much.

It doesn't show what the game is about, it doesn't show/do anything but attract god damn (straight) horny teenagers/weak minded men. Putting sexual content in games and then advertising it like this is just wrong.

I'd say the same if it had gay sex + advertising because it would attract gay horny teenagers (me too probably, though I'd be more attracted to the gorgeous graphics than that like I originally was).

Shut up about sexual content in games or make it equal to everybody especially with games that advertise "choice" so much or at least don't advertise it on playboy.

I like the way Bioware did it with Me3, there's gay stuff, straight stuff, and none of it is advertised anywhere but just hinted at by the devs, and no playboy.

/rant

Am I the only person who doesn't feel the Witcher series being mature?

I think you should be able to select your character's sexual orientation during character creation in any game, perhaps expanding gender selection. Many people's characters are in some way an extension of their real personality; in my case they're often no relation to my real self, embodying my enjoyment of using video games to explore new posssbilities of every kind, but for most people, there's some direct connection between that character, and the player's real self. Considering gay people are very much real and are every bit as likely to play games as straight people, I don't see any possible excuse for not allowing a player to be gay in a video game, if straight people can make straight characters.

Let me guess Ivoo, that mouse is a Razer Naga of some variety? ordered one for myself today, they're beautiful. The logitech G-9 series has been extremelly good to me, but my second G-9 is now becoming quite old and with me having switched from mainly FPS to mainly MMOs/RPGs the Naga is just a superior option; it's not as precise or nicely weighted, but it's silky smooth, looks superb, and is extremely comfortable, even for a One-Point-Nine metre tall man-grizzly like me.

Edited by Vindekarr

I think you should be able to select your character's sexual orientation during character creation in any game, perhaps expanding gender selection. Many people's characters are in some way an extension of their real personality; in my case they're often no relation to my real self, embodying my enjoyment of using video games to explore new posssbilities of every kind, but for most people, there's some direct connection between that character, and the player's real self. Considering gay people are very much real and are every bit as likely to play games as straight people, I don't see any possible excuse for not allowing a player to be gay in a video game, if straight people can make straight characters.

What's up with people noticing my existence today and even agreeing with me? It's nice, like it's my birthday but actually someone caring.

I was playing different types of characters when I was younger too. I liked playing evil ones, generally evil looking with an evil mindset, tried different varieties etc etc.

Then I changed dramatically in the past few years since discovering my sexuality and generally developing a proper brain for morality and such life stuff. Since then I always connected to my characters more than I ever did. I didn't just play as my character, I was my character. Same morale as me, doing the things I loved the most and I generally stopped exploring other paths and just stayed on this one, like you said playing one's real self.

Back then I would have had no problem with saying I'm fine with being forced to play a straight sexuality, but now it feels wrong if I do play as that. So yes I agree wholeheartedly with you, choosing ones sexuality should be in a characters personality in games. I appreciate your way of thinking very much, thank you.

Let me guess Ivoo, that mouse is a Razer Naga of some variety? ordered one for myself today, they're beautiful. The logitech G-9 series has been extremelly good to me, but my second G-9 is now becoming quite old and with me having switched from mainly FPS to mainly MMOs/RPGs the Naga is just a superior option; it's not as precise or nicely weighted, but it's silky smooth, looks superb, and is extremely comfortable, even for a One-Point-Nine metre tall man-grizzly like me.

I was planing on getting the Razer Naga one but sadly it's a tad too expensive here where I live and since I don't have a steady income of money I didn't want to spend too much on a mouse.

I got a green Sharkoon Drakonia, this one:

http://www.itsmart.gr/images/products/SHAR/0175/Sharkoon_Drakonia.jpg

It fits perfectly in my man-grizzly hands like you said (The average office mice don't do it for me, they're too small), great grip, 11 buttons all customizable to whatever I want even macros, and the symbol can have over 25 different colours and has customizable lighting strength and pulsating speeds. And also it has customizable weigths at the end which is perfect.

It's also why I compared it to a dragon, the scales are great aesthetically though it has no rough texture which is really the only minus, that the scales part is too glossy.

Otherwise this is epic.

Edited by Iv000