The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ohh that doesn't sound good, I hope get well soon

Thor., on 18 Feb 2013 - 22:56, said:

Vindekarr, on 18 Feb 2013 - 22:23, said:
If I find a replay of it Thor, I'll send it your way. Bathurst is probably, out of all the tracks they could add with GT6, the one I want the most, along with Circuit Of The Americas. If you haven't seen an on-board lap of Bathurst, go check it out on youtube, it's an amazing circuit. Most tracks have a hill or two, but Bathurst is literally built around a massive hill, climbing up a steep slope before winding along a narrow ridgeline, then plunging down onm a 25 degree angle, down what feels honestly like a verticle cliff when you drive it in real life. The track that you may know which it's most similar to would be Nurburgring, which is the only track in the world which comes anywhere near Bathurst's terrifying verticality.

It's also one of the very few tracks in the world where a Bugatti Veyron can approach 400 kilometres an hour-almost everything can hit top speed on infamous downhill "Conrod" Straight; so named because during it's glory days in the '60s, many, many cars came flying down the mountain, and broke a conrod due to the massive forces of braking to 40 KPH from 220 KPH within a football field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4XVF3jJL5Q

*Note, found this on youtube, the best way to get to know Bathurst is by viewing it from a webcam strapped to the nosecone of a Formula One car, driven by one of the best racing drivers currently active.

you might be in luck

http://jalopnik.com/5893177/bathurst-gets-scanned-for-gran-turismo-6

You know that track reminds me of a game while back, it was ahead of its time back then, had damage physics and all the good stuff.

the sound effects is what made it stand out the most, the grinding of the suspension against the tarmac and the sound you hear when you go under a underpass :biggrin: even gt5 doesn't have that.

Edited by Thor.

Great news then Thor. It's a singular track, it'll be great to have it, and great for GT drivers to learn a new venue. Winning at Bathurst takes durability more than anything else; your suspension, valve train, and more than anything, brakes take a battering here, that's why it's such a good track. That and, the feel of it.

Yes dang report buttons in the way of back to top, i hope pressing it by mistake doesn't do anything??? :teehee:

another classic that came to mind,

random

Edited by Thor.