The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Jooy it was the last one on amazon, as soon as i bought it, it was if it wasn't there to begin with. i believe i bought the last of its kind lol.

it was a indeed a lucky find. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Edited by Thor.

The Xonar HDav 1.3 deluxe sound card from asus, it was indeed a rare find.

Every where i looked it was discontinued, so i did the one thing and look it up on Amazon, and what ya you know it was there, waiting there to be dropped into cart. Its like a one in a million find.

Its almost like winning the lottery :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

I have taken your throne. :devil:

can it blend,also can it play games without wine :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: Quote from Simpsons, my children need wine, games and linux :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Here's what I can do in Linux:

It boots 7 seconds after selecting the OS, fully loaded and ready to be used. On my girlfriend's SSD it boots in less than 3 seconds.

I currently have 9 workspaces (desktops) active with a different program in each. I can have as much or as little of them I want, I can switch between them in a second, I can even scroll through them.

I have 11 different desktop environments (and I can have three times more), each with a unique look and use. I can switch between them as easy as you can switch desktop backgrounds.

I have the taskbar's background fully transparent (it can't be seen) and I can move anything that's on it (like clock, start menu, quick-launch) to anywhere I want on it, I can even have multiple taskbars (1, 2, 3, 4, 20) and adjust the size of each and every one of them pixel by pixel.

I can have 20 folders opened and only one explorer window active, folders are opened as tabs inside of that one window. I can also open two (or 20) explorer windows and put them on separate desktops.

You've already seen Coverflow Alt-Tab but that's only one of many different effects I can have for Alt-Tab alone.

I can have 3D Wobbly windows, a 3D desktop cube for switching workspaces, change the 3D animation for opening/closing/minimizing/maximizing/switching windows, etc.

I can make system-wide changes in a few seconds with a push of a button, like changing/installing language packs, changing operational environments and stuff.

I can switch between the 50 icon packs I have in a second, same goes for themes, applets, extensions, effects, etc.

I can modify anything on it, from fiddling with Linux Kernel to changing a simple icon, no limitations exist.

With WINE and PlayOnLinux Emulators I can play the same games and install the same programs you can.

And I haven't paid a darn thing for all of that, not for the OS, not for the programs, nor the extensions, applets, themes, icon packs, desktop environments, effects, emulators or the various other things I used.

It's free and fully customizable. The main difference between Linux and Windows is that Windows is made to do everything you want for you while Linux is made for you to do anything you want to it.

Call me an idiot but I prefer a less known and less respected but controllable environment over the mainstream one I can only partially control or modify.

And since I wrote an article on customizing Ubuntu 12.04, I've got some leftover pics:

Desktop, no programs active, 2 taskbars:

Empty%2520Desktop.png

Scale view, 9 programs opened in one desktop:

Cinnamon%2520Scale%2520View.png

Expo view,those same 9 programs separated in 9 different desktops:

Cinnamon%2520Expo%2520View.png

Desktop, 3 windows open:

UbuntuCinnamonCustomized.png

Coverflow Alt-Tab:

Ubuntu%2520Alt%252BTab%2520Customized.pn

Customized Terminal interface:

UbuntuMatrixTerminalScreenshot.png

I'm not a gamer, I couldn't care less if it can't play games. And just so you know, my favourite game (Unreal Tournament 2004) is native Linux.

What matters is that it has 3D modelling support, Blender and Photoshop, that's all that matters to me.

The Xonar HDav 1.3 deluxe sound card from asus, it was indeed a rare find.

Every where i looked it was discontinued, so i did the one thing and look it up on Amazon, and what ya you know it was there, waiting there to be dropped into cart. Its like a one in a million find.

Umm, why do you even need a sound card? :huh:

Edited by Werne

If life could just stop throwing lemons at me, that would be great.

I can't make lemonade at this pace, and throwing the lemons back just makes life throw the lemons back harder.

I hope it wont start throwing combustible ones.