The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So, I was just playing Gears Of War. In Gears Of War there is a mode called Overrun, the objective in Overrun is, one team of Locust(aliens) must destroy the Coalition team's objectives. Normally this is done with squad tactics using the humanoid Locusts, and I normally play a Kantus, a locust medic.But today I was bored, so I went a whole round as a Ticker, which is essentially a gopher with a bomb strapped to it. Tickers charge at the enemy and then explode, this does a LOT of damage to the objective, but first they have to arrive, without being one-shot killed by the coalition team.

As a ticker, I rushed straight at the objective, but as I neared it, the roadblocks had not been taken down, so I couldn't hit the generator, and there was a coalition player guarding them. But like a fool, rather than simply shoot me, he decided to beat me to death as I flailed my little paws trying to extricate myself from the razorwire barricade. His cruelty would prove fatal. He ran up to me and kicked me, hard. When kicked, tickers fly like a grenade, this can be used to throw them over barricades, and that's exactly what happened.

He realized he'd made an error the moment he kicked me, because he kicked me onto the Coalition side of the barrier! Free from the razorwire, I bolted like only a small, annoying animal can, and hid in a drainpipe. He assumed I had fled, and I crept out thirty seconds later. There was nobody directly guarding the generator. The game ended 18 seconds later, as a single ticker single-pawed'ly destroyed the generator and sealed a locust victory after only 6 minutes. As a certain Space Marine once said "They should have killed me while I had the chance, they're gonna regret having not"

Edited by Vindekarr

Gears of war was rated very poorly.

ย 

gamespot to, and they favour the 360 vs the ps3, and that tells you something.

ย 

ย 

http://www.gamespot.com/gears-of-war-judgment/videos/gears-of-war-judgment-video-review-6405701/

ย 

HEELLLLOOO!!! anyone there, i feel lonely lol.

Edited by Thor.

Well, it's actually a pretty divisive game, some people absolutely hate it, they tend to take one look at the campaign and then go back to COD. Unfortunately like COD this game's campaign is just windowdressing, and the multiplayer as actually really good. I would also add, it has a metacritic of 80, which is not bad. For me a poor rating is something like this little gem: http://au.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines/reviews/aliens-colonial-marines-review-6403683/

I SHALL TAKE THIS VICTORY AS MY OWN, AS THE LAST POSTER, AND YOU WILL ALL BEAR WITNESS!

ย 

Free update for Halo 4 really making me smile, it's called Forge Island, and it's a multiplayer map of a most unusual variety. Instead of having all the spawns, guns, vehicles and items already there, it's instead three vast. empty paradise islands, and a set of mapmaking tools. It's not quite Far Cry grade, but for A a free thing, and B such a vast and visually stunning playground, it's pretty darn good. That and, you actually do the editing in engine, and IN GAME, resulting in absolute mayhem if you do it with friends.

ย 

On the one hand a few well trained minions lets you make a titanic structure very swiftly, but as I found out, it risks degenerating into a game of Tankball, in which one player has a gigantic bridge strut as a bat, while another player has a tank, which they throw at the first player. The batter has three tries to hit the tank, once the tank has been hit, the batter runs madly between 3 bases in the hope of getting "HOME" and scoring a run. It's like Baseball, but with construction equipment, and a lot of flying metal. And death, since the fielder throws the tank at the running hitter, and if it connects, well, and M808B Skorpion tank weighs 114 tons, if that hits ya, SPLAT!

Edited by Vindekarr