The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I found i don't like the fact i have to have the tv on all the time for the audio to be recognized via videocard, i may have to get a new monitor instead with built in speakers, so i can pipe it through to a monitor then turn it down or off.

the receiver and speakers will do all the fancy stuff :biggrin:

i am particularly veeerryyy interested in this one, it has everryyy thing i always wanted and then some.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

Edited by Thor.

Just imagine how fast it would start up, if the OS was on a ssd. i am already getting some amazing start times, under 14 seconds, so I'm guessing 3 second start times :confused:

Well, in my case, having the OS on an SSD would mean nearly instantaneous boot, even though I have DDR2 RAM. If I were to get DDR3 and a new CPU along with an SSD, it would probably boot within a seconds after bios post.

Think of it like this, on boot time, Windows needs to load all it's fancy "Starting Windows" crap along with loading the GUI and everything else into RAM, Windows used to take up 700MB on my 2GB RAM PC and booted in 50-60 seconds. Debian loads itself gradually with the GUI and X Window System being the last thing loaded, it takes up 200MB RAM and boots in 11 seconds.

I've set Debian up for RAMboot once and it booted in 4 seconds. Now, imagine combining RAMboot with an SSD, DDR3 RAM and an i7 CPU, 3 seconds would be damn slow compared to that. :woot:

Well that was disapointing. It turns out the idiot who built my new PC did a pretty poor job of it, just had to re-bolt the thing together after a fan fell off.

Here's an advice, never give other people fix/build your PC.

Either they are idiots that do the kind of job you need to re-bolt or they are like me and they do a decent job but it looks ugly. And the problem is, guys like me are rare.

I have a problem with sound, but my previous post you ignored lol is what i want instead of a ssd for now. November will be the time to upgrade, now i just need something to make my life a little easier, like a 144hz monitor with built in sound.

audio-3d-less tearing-awesomeness dual screen setup, soon to be :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Thor.

Here's an advice, never give other people fix/build your PC.

Either they are idiots that do the kind of job you need to re-bolt or they are like me and they do a decent job but it looks ugly. And the problem is, guys like me are rare.

The guys here from the shop where i bought my parts from (gpu, cpu, mobo and ram) offered to build my PC for free.

I was like "Okay why not!"

Well guess what, they didn't activate the 6 cores of my CPU in BIOS and they left it only at 2, they put in the SHITTIES PSU you can imagine and they gave me a case that has 0 airflow and stuff is LOUD as F*CK.

Then they said "If you'll need your PC cleaned you can bring him here and we'll take care of it". No thank you.

I have a problem with sound, but my previous post you ignored lol is what i want instead of a ssd for now. November will be the time to upgrade, now i just need something to make my life a little easier, like a 144hz monitor with built in sound.

audio-3d-less tearing-awesomeness dual screen setup, soon to be :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Built-in sound sucks, trust me. The first screen I bought had built-in audio, even those cheapass 2$ speakers are better than that. Want stereo? Well, too bad, the speakers are so close to each other that stereo and mono make no difference what so ever. Ugh! :pinch:

The guys here from the shop where i bought my parts from (gpu, cpu, mobo and ram) offered to build my PC for free.

I was like "Okay why not!"

Well guess what, they didn't activate the 6 cores of my CPU in BIOS and they left it only at 2, they put in the SHITTIES PSU you can imagine and they gave me a case that has 0 airflow and stuff is LOUD as F*CK.

Then they said "If you'll need your PC cleaned you can bring him here and we'll take care of it". No thank you.

Well, that sounds familiar. ;D

My PC was built like that, they turned on one core only on 6x multiplier so instead of a dual-core @2200GHz I had a Pentium 4 @1200GHz. Didn't put the graphics card in right so the PC didn't detect it, mixed up 2 different RAM modules so BSODs happened every 10 minutes, put in a 150W PSU and only 2 fans (PSU and CPU fans), inserted IDE HDDs instead of SATA, didn't even connect the front audio and USB, it was chaos. They also gave me the shittiest case you can imagine, ugly as f*** and everything inside was rattling. They basically f***ed up my PC for free. :rolleyes:

Took it back to them, told them to get someone who knows what he's doing to fix this thing or I'll rip their heads off. Two days later it worked like a charm, they even put in a bigger HDD than I asked for. Guess they took me seriously, if they didn't I'd really rip their heads off. :happy:

Edited by Werne

"Rip their heads off."

My kind of language. :thumbsup:

I'm actually a calm, peaceful creature compared to my girlfriend, I only fulfill my threats if the situation happens to repeat despite my threatening. She however doesn't make threats, she goes straight to violence.

One time a guy on a construction site once whistled at her, she broke his jaw and a couple of ribs. Cops called, I nearly crapped my pants thinking they want to put me in jail again but they just told me I have to go pick her up from the lock-up. Came to the station, officer explained me what happened and when this beat-up prick said he'll sue her, I "persuaded" him not to do that. No violence, I just told him that a few cracked ribs will be the least of his problems if he sues her. :devil:

Beating the crap out of a construction worker just because he whistled at her, that's my girl! :happy:

Edited by Werne