The last poster wins

TheCalliton

A question guys, does anyone here knows how to write bash scripts for OS X? Or are Mac's bash scripts the same, or even similar, to those of Linux? :huh:

I'm writing a program for Bethesda games (FO3, FONV, Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim) that should be cross-platform (when it comes to UNIX/Linux systems) and while it works perfectly in Linux, I need someone to take a look at will it work for OS X as well. Can't find the bloody information anywhere. :wallbash:

I remember billyro mentioning that he used Mac, though I believe it's 2AM in his timezone so asking him is kinda out of the question. :(

If no one knows I'll have to ask in the forums and pray someone has an answer, which I'd rather avoid.

Sorry, I sold it last year and got Windows so I could play games again. :(

On a different note, here's a sword I made in 3ds Max yesterday. I dunno if I should texture it though...

Edited by billyro

Sorry, I sold it last year and got Windows so I could play games again. :(

Well that sucks, at least for me. I'm working on implementing native BOSS tool for Linux, so far so good. But I thought I might make it for OS X as well, Mac and Linux are equally screwed when it comes to games and their tools. Guess I'll have to ask in the forums.

On a different note, here's a sword I made in 3ds Max yesterday. I dunno if I should texture it though...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifnewblade4_gettingthere2.png

Hmm, looks nice, but I see some things on the cross guard and pummel that might be problematic, it may just be the lighting though. What's the poly-count of that thing?

Also, do you even know how to UV map it? I tred 3DS Max only once, it was awful, couldn't find anything in it. :pinch:

make it the most realistic sword ever known in 4k resolution with reflection maps :teehee:

Edited by Thor.

make it useable, realistic and the one you can't do without in a major battle lol...

I love Dante's sword in DMC, the way it can change in an instant into something else when you need to take out more than one, its a sythe like tool, when you need to knock someone on their ass, an axe/hammer if you need to smash down a door or three :D

Something like that would be amazing