The last poster wins

TheCalliton

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifnewblade6_uvmapprogress1.png

Hmm, not good. You need to split the blade in half in order to make every part of the mesh the same scale on the UV map. In your case, you'd have a detailed hilt, pummel and crossguard, but a low-res blade. Well, unless you use a non-standard UV/texture size like 512x2048, which is a bit tricky.

Yeah, I'm not really looking forward to that. But... I guess it has to be done. I just hope I don't mess it up.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_images/underground/attachicon.gifnewblade6_uvmapprogress1.png

Hmm, not good. You need to split the blade in half in order to make every part of the mesh the same scale on the UV map. In your case, you'd have a detailed hilt, pummel and crossguard, but a low-res blade. Well, unless you use a non-standard UV/texture size like 512x2048, which is a bit tricky.

I agree with Werne's method this way the bladed and everything else has the same size. Usually 2048x2048 is sufficient for a blade. put the blade on top or bottom left or right side of the UV then all else follows according to the size.

Yeah, I did this initially, but the blade will end up having less detail than the pommel! :O

I'm gonna have to split it.

And good work with your project, Werne. I'd rather take an axe to the head then write up something like that (both scenarios would kill me). Make sure you do drink many beers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that split is pretty much necessary, you can see that vanilla weapons are split in the same way to have everything in the same scale. It's sometimes a pain in the arse though.

And good work with your project, Werne. I'd rather take an axe to the head then write up something like that (both scenarios would kill me). Make sure you do drink many beers. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was a nightmare. Not to mention that I'm juggling two things at the same time, I even began mixing the code. :psyduck:

I started making BOSS but later I began including small parts of it into a much larger project, Nexus Mod Manager build for Linux. Status of that project: In pieces. In pieces as in literally, so far it's a small group of shell scripts designed to execute each other to provide certain functionality

NMM isn't progressing as fast as BOSS though, while I started writing BOSS last night and already have it half-done, NMM requires a GUI and a hell of a lot more code. So far it's a broken down CLI program capable of extracting all mod archives from a mod directory and installing them in FO3 Data folder. But I'm making progress and that's all that matters. :biggrin:

EDIT: YES! YES! YES! *leaps in the air from happiness*

I finally conducted a succesful test involving INI parsing and automatic game detection for BOSS. Not only can I use the game path from BOSS.ini, the program can autodetect it and write the value into the ini. :dance:

Edited by Werne

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

hangovers are an arse. It feels like something in my throat is missing it's weird :facepalm:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............

hangovers are an arse. It feels like something in my throat is missing it's weird :facepalm:

Hangovers are a problem only if you stop drinking. I haven't had a single hangover since I learned that. :thumbsup:

Although, that might explain why my livers are shutting down. :ermm:

Anyway, in adition to ini parsing and autodetection, I also implemented logging using command piping and the failsafe for idiots is nearing completion. I just need to merge everything I made so far into a single file, find a way to sort by date and I can roll it out as open beta. :biggrin:

If you had my worst hangover, your head would have been where you put your hangovers in your sentence. :ohdear:

Try gargling with slightly salted water, but don't swallow it. This should help.

Hangovers are a problem only if you stop drinking. I haven't had a single hangover since I learned that. :thumbsup:

Although, that might explain why my livers are shutting down. :ermm:

Anyway, in adition to ini parsing and autodetection, I also implemented logging using command piping and the failsafe for idiots is nearing completion. I just need to merge everything I made so far into a single file, find a way to sort by date and I can roll it out as open beta. :biggrin:

Might be not your liver but your gallbladder if your are lucky.