The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I like cuddles coz it brings you closer to a person. Its lovely and you feel safe and sound.

A bit of googling returned the same answer in an article, although with a richer explanation:

Why women cuddle

The act of cuddling releases a hormone called oxytocin, sometimes called the "cuddling hormone.” Oxytocin is responsible for provoking what scientists refer to as “pair bonding,” which means it makes the cuddling couple feel closer and more intimate. This helps to create a bond between a man and a woman. In evolutionary terms, a woman wants to create this pair bond in order to get the man to commit to her and their offspring. Even if your woman isn’t trying to marry you and start bearing your babies, she is likely still drawn to create an emotional bond with you and this kind of physical intimacy is a good way to do it.

Cuddling also feels pretty damn good when it’s done right, so another reason women insist on it is that the sensations triggered by a cuddle session can be very pleasurable.

Put simply - it's a trap, the most effective one in the world. I'm caught in it and I like it. :ohdear:

I'm doomed guys, save yourselves while you can.

Do what I do and turn it into sex time :cool:

Any more cuddle club members out there ?

The only thing I cuddle is my pillow, but at lest it is tolerant to my snoring when I sleep.
Best of all: It there when I need it and not when it has time for me.
Sometimes when I sleep on it, while cuddling it, I droll on it and I never hear complains afterwards. I simply wash and dry it.

Best cuddle experience ever, but sometimes I miss it not being cuddled back.

Oxytocin sounds too much like another Oxy drug that is widely used and abused. It is probably best to stay away from both. I have a feeling that both are equally addicting. Just to be safe, get a cat or dog.

Oxytocin sounds too much like another Oxy drug that is widely used and abused. It is probably best to stay away from both. I have a feeling that both are equally addicting. Just to be safe, get a cat or dog.

Cats and dogs are cuddly too and if you cuddle them you produce Oxytocin again.

So your logic is not with out any flaws.

Cuddles are good, good is pleasant, pleasant leads to smiles, smiles lead to happiness, happiness leads to feelings of joy and the cycle is repeated.

@ lv000, you'd be surprised how many "men" do not like cuddles and resort to Ironman's tactics, when, in actual fact there is more to a cuddle than to sex. Whilst I don't disagree that sex is enjoyable, it only lasts for so long, a cuddle can last a lifetime.

:D

@ SilverDNA,

My logic is without flaws. Cuddling with a cat or dog is the way to go. They will accept you without question and never try to change you. They will always be happy to see you not matter what condition your are in. You can pet another cat or dog and yours will only be interested in the new scent. They will never question you about where you have been or who you have been petting.

If you want to get concrete proof, lock your girlfriend and your dog in your car trunk. Come back 6 hours later and see which one is happy to see you!

Edited by M48A5

you'd be surprised how many "men" do not like cuddles and resort to Ironman's tactics, when, in actual fact there is more to a cuddle than to sex. Whilst I don't disagree that sex is enjoyable, it only lasts for so long, a cuddle can last a lifetime.

I agree, but you have to take something into consideration - men prefer action over passive behavior, it's how evolution made us.

We are designed for action, we're hunters. Large, powerful muscles, brain designed for fast reactions, easiest thing to learn is fighting, easier to see moving objects over static, will disregard passive actions in order to focus on a specific task (observing the environment for predators, protecting the group, etc.), will hear low-frequency tones easier than high-frequency ones (breathing, sneaking, background noises), and so on.

Women are designed for nurturing though, the opposite of males. Smaller, less powerful muscles to appear inferior, motherly instincts for taking care of children, less aggressive behavior resulted by the need to raise children without killing them, will hear high-frequency tones easier than low-frequency ones (to hear a crying baby easier), etc.

Our brains are made for two different things, female brains are designed to raise children and make sure a male is there to protect them, while males are there for protection of their women/children, hunting for food and anything else that requires strength and fighting. Therefore, the differences in our approach to some things, like cuddling, is understandable and normal.

@ SilverDNA,

My logic is without flaws. Cuddling with a cat or dog is the way to go. They will accept you without question and never try to change you. They will always be happy to see you not matter what condition your are in. You can pet another cat or dog and yours will only be interested in the new scent. They will never question you about where you have been or who you have been petting.

If you want to get concrete proof, lock your girlfriend and your dog in your car trunk. Come back 6 hours later and see which one is happy to see you!

I have no car, no cat or dog, no Girl...

I submited your proposed experiment to some gender expert scientist with a decent degree in sociology. Below picture was send back to me ...

http://img8.joyreactor.com/pics/post/auto-dog-animals-grin-346268.jpeg

you'd be surprised how many "men" do not like cuddles and resort to Ironman's tactics, when, in actual fact there is more to a cuddle than to sex. Whilst I don't disagree that sex is enjoyable, it only lasts for so long, a cuddle can last a lifetime.

I agree, but you have to take something into consideration - men prefer action over passive behavior, it's how evolution made us.

We are designed for action, we're hunters. Large, powerful muscles, brain designed for fast reactions, easiest thing to learn is fighting, easier to see moving objects over static, will disregard passive actions in order to focus on a specific task (observing the environment for predators, protecting the group, etc.), will hear low-frequency tones easier than high-frequency ones (breathing, sneaking, background noises), and so on.

Women are designed for nurturing though, the opposite of males. Smaller, less powerful muscles to appear inferior, motherly instincts for taking care of children, less aggressive behavior resulted by the need to raise children without killing them, will hear high-frequency tones easier than low-frequency ones (to hear a crying baby easier), etc.

Our brains are made for two different things, female brains are designed to raise children and make sure a male is there to protect them, while males are there for protection of their women/children, hunting for food and anything else that requires strength and fighting. Therefore, the differences in our approach to some things, like cuddling, is understandable and normal.

Werne I think your physiological profiling is correct but your psychological profile is a bit *ahem* outdated ( i tried to be gentle here)

http://i.imgur.com/LGgxj.gif

Oh and one thing you should already know in terms you might find more familiar:

You can't after upgrading your relationship from operating system "Girlfriend V1.0" to "Wife V2.0" and later to Mother V3.0 downgrade on the same level to "Girlfriend 1.0" The loss in system compatibility is around mostly around 60% of your income in most western countries. It is strongly advised not after upgrading to Wife V2.0 or higher developed program Mother V3.0 to install the addons like "Cheat" (any version) or "Affair" (any version) into those running systems. It will when detected by the operating program ultimately lead to 25% or even more of system incompatibility. The loss of structural integrity might be later lead to the above mentioned loss of income and replacement of "Mother V3.0" and a new and fresh installation of the operating system "Alone beta 0.5" and maybe much more later a fresh and complete upgrade to operating system "Girlfriend 1.0"

If you didn't witness such things already in your vicinity you shoudl now have the idear why it is a bad idea to try a downgrade a perfectly running system or install some incompatible addons. :pinch: