The last poster wins

TheCalliton

On the topic of Linux, I really really WANT to have it installed (Ubuntu, Mint or Debian). But I dont need dual boot (I need Windows) and I dont have another desktop or lappy to run it on.

So until I get a laptop I wont be able to run Linux anywhere D: sadness, I really want to seriously play around in it.

How about a persistent Live USB? That way you don't have a dual-boot (technically), you can run it anywhere, anytime, on any PC, and all data persists after reboot.

Another solution would be VirtualBox where Linux is run as a virtual OS from within Windows. That tends to work out nicely.

I have a Mint and Kali Live USB handy just in case, but like I said I want it for serious playing around. Meaning it should be a secondary work-related computer or similar. If it's just a Live USB then I wont take it serious enough :/

A laptop would come in handy right now. I get distracted horribly easy by anything, so a separate work laptop with Linux on it would be a blessing to my productivity.

The skin is our largest organ, weighing an average of 6lb and covering 18sq ft. As well as the pores, a single square inch of skin contains 20ft of blood vessels, 1,300 nerve cells and 100 oil glands.

Skin cells are constantly being replaced: in an average lifetime, we each get through 900 complete skins.

Many people believe that we “breathe through our skin”, so that anything that blocks all our pores causes rapid asphyxiation. It’s not true: we breathe only through our nose and mouth. The pores have nothing to do with it. If they did, scuba diving would be fatal.

Covering people in gold paint (as in Goldfinger) might eventually kill them, if it was left on long enough. They would die from overheating, since their paint-clogged pores would be unable to sweat, which is the human body’s chief means of temperature regulation. It would be a very slow and unpleasant way to go.