The last poster wins

TheCalliton

An hour worth of winning is pretty impressive, though I won for four hours a few months ago(quiet day, what can I say?)

24 hours of Le Mans today, one of the biggest days for any racing fan, dunno if you're watching it Thor. Ninetieth annual running, but a bad weekend for motorsport in general. A Danish driver called Allan Simonsen was killed ten minutes into the 24 hours... don't know what happened other than that something was horribly wrong with the car right from the beginning, it just went straight into the wall at over 200 MPH, he died within minutes. First fatality at Le Mans since 1986, first in mainstream European racing since 1993, it's been so long since there was a serious crash(decades) that most of us deluded ourselves into thinking racing was safe now. This is an unfortunate reminder of just how dangerous it really is.

Thanks guys... As usual you've all helped to put it into perspective and reinforce what I know in my heart to be the right things to do.

He's scared, he watched his dad go through so much and nearly die 3 times in 5 years, then his grandfather and now its happening again and there's nothing he can do to stop it.

Yes he's got to come to terms that no-one lives for ever and that death is an inevitable consequence of living but to have his mortality questioned so many times in his relatively short life must be devastating.

I'll give him a hug. I'll tell him I love him and I'll try not to embarrass him too much over the next week

;D :biggrin:

I wanted to write down a few things since I had a similar experience like your son at about the same age, but basically what Werne said is everything that needs to be said more or less.

A simple hug opens my feelings up like hell, it has to be in a place where you're both alone though. Never around other people or where someone can hear or see you, otherwise you get aggressively rejected.

We guys tend to repress feelings a lot, it gets built up quite a bit then. At least from my experience, I have them bundled up even when I feel totally fine. I remember my aunt coming into my room and I was just kinda in a bad mood nothing special, but after she gave me a hug I started crying quite literally almost like a baby.

We need those moments of opening up, it's a huge stress relief. Heaving talks with someone can help too, I usually have talks with my psychologist on Wednesday before school. After I do and after I go to school, I have a lot of feelings repressed and they start building up. It's strange, you'd think I'd release those feelings at my psychologist's, but apparently first I need to let them build up and THEN release them. Which happens about 2-3 hours after the talk, I just break down and start crying like hell and I have to go home then.

Anyway, if your son is anything like me then he just needs some emotional venting. I know kinda what he goes through, my dad had a heart attack and open heart surgery when I was around that age (13 actually).

The approach is a bit difficult since he's a teen, so make sure you're alone and that his attention isn't focused on something else, wanting our attention while our attention is focused on something of our own makes us very aggressive.

Maybe he should go out with friends a bit, or someone older who he can talk to. That always helps.

Alone time helps too.

Anyway, is Vodka meant to taste like nothing and feel like nothing? It feels like I'm drinking nail polish with absolutely 0 taste and it has no "burn" to it like any other alcohol. Or does it depend on the type of Vodka? Vigor was quite nice I remember.

I'm kinda trying out everything to see which ones I like and which ones I dont. Martini, Jagermeister and Vigor are winning :P especially the Martini, that thing is tasty :D Rakia is nice as well.

Big fan of Martini myself, Vodka's mostly for mixing IMO, I'm not much of a drinker, but when I do use Vodka it's only as a base ingredient for something else. Cherry goes well with it.

Meh i don't drink, i don't like the side effects it causes. Hard to explain it other than sheer rage. My Brother especially.

its probably do to the native side off our family, we speculate it anyways, real high suspicion. I swear i should do that dna test to find out if its true or not.

random

Check out War thunder if you are in the mood for a Flight simulator, its going to a on the ps4 as well.
\
Edited by Thor.

Same, Thor. If you're going off stereotype comedy then I should be able to drink like a pirate; I'm mixed-race IRL, but I have enough Scot DNA that I should theoretically have hollow-legs. Unfortunately it seems that the other cultures in me are the dominant part of my DNA, or that the Scottish hollow-legs gene for some reason went AWOL, because I'm a total lightweight, and I can't stand the sensation of being drunk. For liquor, I've preffered stuff that you drink for taste rather than inebriation; I'm particularly partial to a good Bourbon or similar. Something with real flavour.

The game I'm most looking forward to from the new PS is the inevitable GT6/7/8/whatever. Polyphony Digital >understand< what real gearheads like, what we want from a racing game, and how to make said game a reality. They just do it so much better than the other major studios. Forza, Grid, Need For Speed, they're all great games in their own right, but Gran Turismo is just special. It more than anything feels like a game by gearheads, exclusively FOR gearheads; it appeals exclusively to a hardcore audience, and for that reason it's probably the best race sim you can get right now without spending $600,000+ on a Formula One simulator.

RANDOM: The racing world lost a good man today in Allan Simonsen, but the 90th Le Mans has been a firecracker. For the last decade Audi has won nearly every race without competition, but this year someone's finaly stepped up to the plate and given them a run for their money; Toyota, of all people.

Edited by Vindekarr

Was the audio r8 racing against you, that thing is a beast. Although overrated against the jaguar XJR9s. that must of been one wild ride :biggrin:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/images/large/764/Jaguar-XJR-9-LM_1.jpg

lol from our previous discussions you had a one on one i beleive against a r8.

Edited by Thor.

No its not that, you don't understand, you haven't seen a raving mad drunk before, the kind that would punch a few walls in kind of rage. literally lose your mind.

Edited by Thor.

you haven't seen a raving mad drunk before, the kind that would punch a few walls in kind of rage. literally lose your mind.

Haven't seen it? I'm like that when I'm sober. :mellow: