The last poster wins

TheCalliton

So angry... failed 3 out of 4 subjects at university. Total rip off and waste of time. Not going back down to bloody Brisbane again.

Okay honey calm down. What did you pass and what did you fail? By how many marks and was it on coursework or examinations?

I may be able to give you some advice here lol. I was a tutor at Uni here in the UK

I failed them by like a few marks each, so yeah, it was pretty close. Still, a bit frustrating though. I'm not quitting uni, I'm just going to go to a different one so I can have support from my family.

Even more salt in the wound because I thought I'd have smashed one of those subjects, but yeah, nothing I can do about it. :/

what about resits in the fall?? you should have at least one more chance to get the grades you need if exams. For coursework you should have a chance to resubmit papers to gain the extra marks needed.

Don't give up honey, you'll get there I'm sure :)

Not sure about resits. I'd probably have to go back down to Brisbane if I was going to do them, and I just don't think it's worth it. Probably easier to just start over...

Have you spoken to your mentor to find out your options?

Not sure about resits. I'd probably have to go back down to Brisbane if I was going to do them, and I just don't think it's worth it. Probably easier to just start over...

I didn't have a mentor, I just had about 8 tutors - two for each subject. I don't think that they have much to do with the curriculum aside from their teaching. I'm not sure if there is some sort of admin at the university or something that handles options and solutions though, plus I don't really feel like contacting them.

Mum wants to contact the university and check everything out, but I'm not mentally prepared to speak with anyone from that uni.

I didn't have a mentor, I just had about 8 tutors - two for each subject. I don't think that they have much to do with the curriculum aside from their teaching. I'm not sure if there is some sort of admin at the university or something that handles options and solutions though, plus I don't really feel like contacting them.

Mum wants to contact the university and check everything out, but I'm not mentally prepared to speak with anyone from that uni.

I would imagine you wouldn't hun but the thing is you only have a set amount of time to appeal or ask for assistance in resubmission.

Take a few days to chill and think about your options. You'll be okay honey.

Hugs