The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ten thousand square feet for $380,000! Where? Are you sure of the square footage? I only ask because my daughter is in the process of buying 3500 square feet for $310,000.

Ten thousand square feet is an enormous house.

Regardless, I win. :mellow:

Yeah. Its actually $375,000. (And for whatever reason I can't get links to work so here's the URL) http://kansascity.craigslist.org/reo/3900893886.html

And it is enormous. I don't know if there is something wrong that its so cheap for such a huge house, but the outside of it is pretty.

I don't really like the inside (antique stuff is a bit too elaborate).

But yeah. 29 rooms. Under $40.00 per sq ft.

Why is that stuff so expensive for you guys? :blink:

My house is 312m2, that should be (according to the online converter) 3358 square feet. It cost me about 30,000 euros, cca 38,500$, which is 11.5$ per square foot. That is a fancy house near the coast in one of the largest tourist centers on the Adriatic sea, and the price I paid is considered expensive around here.

Argh! Brad Haddin should be kicked from the team, same as Ed Cowan and possibly even Michael Clarke. Now that I think of it, pretty much all of Australia's top batters are doing terrible. New blood is needed!

Not particularly enjoying The Ashes so far haha. But at least England isn't doing very good either. :P

EDIT: Great, now Siddle is out. >:(

EDIT 2: Not watching the cricket any more. It is insulting to my eyes. And I've been winning for nearly 40 minutes.

Edited by billyro

Ten thousand square feet for $380,000! Where? Are you sure of the square footage? I only ask because my daughter is in the process of buying 3500 square feet for $310,000.

Ten thousand square feet is an enormous house.

Regardless, I win. :mellow:

Yeah. Its actually $375,000. (And for whatever reason I can't get links to work so here's the URL) http://kansascity.craigslist.org/reo/3900893886.html

And it is enormous. I don't know if there is something wrong that its so cheap for such a huge house, but the outside of it is pretty.

I don't really like the inside (antique stuff is a bit too elaborate).

But yeah. 29 rooms. Under $40.00 per sq ft.

Why is that stuff so expensive for you guys? :blink:

My house is 312m2, that should be (according to the online converter) 3358 square feet. It cost me about 30,000 euros, cca 38,500$, which is 11.5$ per square foot. That is a fancy house near the coast in one of the largest tourist centers on the Adriatic sea, and the price I paid is considered expensive around here.

It's all relevent to the standard of living, housing market and the old realtor's saying that there are three things that determine the cost of a house, "Location, location and location".

The house my daughter just bought in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for $310,000 would go for no less than $500,000 in the Mid-Atlantic area.

"Location, location and location"

I'd say my location is pretty damn good, 20m from the beach in Borik, Zadar. :biggrin:

In other news, it would seem that my primary hard drive (/dev/sda) is failing. It just stopped working with the following error message when scanned with SMART tools:

Error 18 occurred at disk power-on lifetime: 19299 hours (804 days + 3 hours)
When the command that caused the error occurred, the device was active or idle.

After command completion occurred, registers were:
ER ST SC SN CL CH DH
-- -- -- -- -- -- --
40 51 01 5e c8 ff ef Error: UNC 1 sectors at LBA = 0x0fffc85e = 268421214

Commands leading to the command that caused the error were:
CR FR SC SN CL CH DH DC Powered_Up_Time Command/Feature_Name
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---------------- --------------------
25 00 08 57 c8 ff e0 00 00:05:55.500 READ DMA EXT
25 00 08 57 c8 ff e0 00 00:05:51.200 READ DMA EXT
25 00 08 f7 0e 1e e0 00 00:05:51.200 READ DMA EXT
25 00 08 e7 db 7c e0 00 00:05:51.200 READ DMA EXT
25 00 08 0f ff 12 e0 00 00:05:51.200 READ DMA EXT
This one was preceded with 17 more saying the same thing and mentioning the same time. It basically stopped reading data and shut down the plate motor. Once I rebooted the PC it worked fine.

I cloned the partitions over to one of my empty storage drives and I'm currently running a test on it to see if it's really dying or was the fact that it just shut down all of a sudden a problem with something else (wouldn't surprise me).

Damn, I hoped it will work for a while more, I guess 19299 work hours is enough for it to die. :(

By the way guys, that's why I said it's a good thing to have a backup OS on a different hard drive, I'd now be screwed if it weren't for that.

:yes: Edited by Werne

YES! My hard drive is fine, those errors are old ones (when my old HDD died my PC was forcibly shut down). :dance: And the actual HDD working time (in this very moment) is 28581 hours (1190 days, 16 hours), that means it had to be on for 3 years and 2 months. :psyduck: Probably was, I changed 2 PCs and this thing was in both of them from the start.

It's my motherboard that is failing so who cares, I have a few of those in my magic box. :happy: