The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I hate working Saturdays, especially ones where it is raining and windy and the weather is grumpy as an old female dog. We are getting hail and torrential rain in some areas and at least one confirmed tornado spotted just outside of city limits.

However, we just got a brand new rescue dummy that has the capability to record voice messages and is activated by sound or movement. So it can be programmed to yell for "help" in a dark room when someone yells "Fire department - Anyone in here?" or to "say" something like "My leg hurts" when its placed in a car when we train on vehicle extrication. The manual even has scripts with timing so the rescue dummy seems to respond realistically in various rescue situations.

Anyway, playing around with it this morning and I realized it has some other potential. I recorded "Hey, get the f*** out" on it and then turned both the volume and the motion sensor up to max and placed it inside the Assistant Chief's office on the book shelf by the office door.

So... the A/C showed up for lunch and walked into his office and was greeted by a very loud and upset voice. Yes, the reaction was as expected and was hilarious.

I am currently moving from place to place under cover and as quietly as possible (thank goodness for a big, multi-story building). I may even make it to 5pm.