The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm just posting here to fulfill my daily Nexusian duty.

Other question:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dqOhxeRdmSw/TlEq2lxlq-I/AAAAAAAAADU/9U67BmE-OPM/s1600/129074693451.jpg

What is that cylinder on the front? I'm none too familiar with bows, but it looks like a silencer for a firearm. In the completely wrong place. Maybe it's a handle.

I believe that's a balance weight for evening out the weight while holding the bow, notice how the bow is held rather low and not in the middle.

Not 100% sure about it though, I only ever used a bamboo bow and never composite so I never had a d!ldo on the front. :smile:

Nope all i get is the log in screen, you have to be a registered member correct??

i tested my Ultimate camping audiophile setup, and wow it sounded like no tomorrow.

things Highly recommended

A pair of High end headphones with built in bass drivers recommended

A headphone amplifier to extend the volume for outdoor use.

12000mah usb battery charger for that time when you really need it.

Any mp3 player, i chose the psvita because the audio is actually really good for a handheld. With the psvita you need a mini to usb cable which works on pc or anything that would charge it that way, like a 12000mah usb charger. It extended the psvita's battery life by 4 days :cool:

actually its a 15000mah usb charger :dance:

http://www.amazon.ca/EZOPower-15000Mah-Capacity-Portable-Rechargable/dp/B00DJG18IA/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376262045&sr=1-8&keywords=1100mah+device

exact model

is indeed designed for that

EZOPower 15000mAh External Backup Battery is the perfect solution for emergency power and power on the go. 2 port design enables charging 2 devices simultaneously and rapidly. Long lasting battery provides up to 82 hours movie time for iPhone 5 and up to 20 hours movie time for iPad. When battery is fully charged, it can be used to charge an iPhone 5 up to 7 full cycles. This is the perfect unit for campers, long plane flight travelers, or gadget enthusiasts

and headphone amp of choice

http://www.amazon.ca/Fiio-E11-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0053KWDES/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376262474&sr=1-3&keywords=headphone+amp

Edited by Thor.

I'm just posting here to fulfill my daily Nexusian duty.

Other question: What is that cylinder on the front? I'm none too familiar with bows, but it looks like a silencer for a firearm. In the completely wrong place. Maybe it's a handle.

That's a counterbalance, it's purpose is balancing the bow, reducing recoil and making it more stable. You can actually get a silencer for a bow, and that picture has one. They're a small object that fits onto the string.

Bamboo's good, but given I'm hunting pigs and wild dogs the extra shot power really comes in handy. Plus you can mount a quiver, and in my case a knife sheath, directly onto the weapon, which helps with mobility.

The issue you have hunting in Australia is that there isn't anywhere near as much green cover as in the US. Mostly you're out in spare timberland, low shrubs, tall grass. There's precious little green cover, so you're much more camouflage-reliant-that's why I'm keen to go crossbow. They're much easier to camouflage, you don't need to get far out of cover to fire them, and they've got a nice long range, which helps given the difficult terrain. The one blessing is that the spare timberland means you can bring pretty much any weapon you like, and as long as you don't go beyond the snow line it's pretty easily traversable.

Edited by Vindekarr