The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm bring back the 80s

OH GOD NO! I ONLY BARELY SURVIVED THE FIRST 80S!!! THE WORLD CANNOT HANDLE THAT LEVEL OF UNFASHIONABILITY A SECOND TIME!!!

Ahh well, maybe I'll get to meet Ayrton Senna again, tell him to not show up at Imola in '94 :(

Yes, the fashion victims of the 80's.... Vindekarr wasn't the only one .... I remember. :facepalm:

Somethings where good in the 80'S ... let's say NO GEMA infringements.. :armscrossed: :wallbash:

Don't forget Walter Röhrl Vin. :wink:

Edited by SilverDNA

Aye, Walter Rohrl... I never got to see him race back then, but he came to Australia a couple of years ago to take part in a classic car race, and he struck me as both a total gentleman, and a superb racer. He's hardly a household name overseas, but I'd kill to see Allan Moffat race as well.

Allan Moffat was one of my heroes growing up, a Canadian who became a full-time Australian resident, and a household name in Australia for decade. Moffat drove in Australia's thriving touring car class(every bit as big down under as NASCAR in the states) during an era when the rules required race cars to be fully street legal and road registerable. Moffat drove nearly everything, from a Mazda RX-7 to a Ford Falcon Cobra, and was one of those drivers who, like Graham Hill, Ayrton Senna, Walter Rohrl, had both a nearly infinite talent, but also a great deal of intelligence and insight as well. The only thing better than Moffat was the fact there was another driver around back then with the same mix of talent, intelligence and dignity-Peter Broc.

Those two were amazing to watch-inch perfect technical drivers, both extremely clean and fair as well-the sort of drivers who could go into a corner, in the rain, side by side, and still come out the other side without a mark on either car. That was one of the few things about the 80s I do miss. I also miss the days when top-tier motorsport was fought out in totally stock road cars. Watching Brock and Moffat, and in the late year, Mark Skaife going at it in bone-stock Sierras, Skylines, RX-7s and other JDM classics was a spectacle I doubt we'll ever see again.