The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@Werne... I have an AMD Phenom II. I changed it to an Athlon and then went back as that went down freakishly quickly.

I've never overclocked a machine as I'm not sure how and am scared witless about doing something to blow the bloody thing up lol.

Of course it went down quickly, going Phenom II > Athlon II is a downgrade, not an upgrade. AMD's old designations went like this:

Sempron - inexpensive low-end product, for office machines and the like, overclocking won't change the fact that it's not for gaming

Athlon - low-end/mid-range product, a poor-man's Phenom once overclocked, more powerful than Sempron but weaker than Phenom

Phenom - mid-range/high-end product, performance oriented unit, poor man's FX once overclocked

FX-series - high-end product, enthusiast oriented unit, the most expensive and powerful AMD units available designed for overclocking

Right now, their layout looks a lot similar with an addition of A-series APUs (graphics unit integrated into a CPU die) that extends through the entire range except FX-series. You got APUs that perform like Semprons and you have them as powerful as Phenoms with pretty good graphics processors integrated into them.

And overclocking is easy, if the CPU is a Phenom II <insert_model_number_here> Black Edition, then it's just a matter of upping the multiplier in BIOS until it begins failing Prime95 stress tests, then set it to last stable setting you used. If it's not a Black Edition, then you overclock by upping the FSB (Front Serial Bus) frequency in BIOS until it begins failing Prime95 stress tests, then set it to last stable setting you used. You go with 0.5x multiplier increase or +3 FSB increase and run Prime95 Blend test for 1h (more is good, less is bad) after each change applied.

Unless you go and up VCore to 1.6V or let the CPU overheat (heat can kill a CPU even on stock), you're not going to harm your hardware at all. Heat and extremely high voltages kill hardware, simple clock adjustments can only temporarily destabilize the CPU (normal, happened to me a million times, it's the Prime95 failure I mentioned earlier, can't harm anything) but if it's cool and/or on stock voltage, nothing can happen. :smile:

I think I'll have to consider robbing a bank but hey I could do with a little peace and quiet :D

I know that feeling. If you need an accomplice (for crowd control, banks are always full of people), you know where to find me. :whistling:

And yeah, if you need any help choosing components, I'm always somewhere around here. :wink:

EDIT: This thread is slow. Why is there no Iv000 to post penises and cheer this place up? :sad:

Ah well, guess half-naked girls in high definition will have to do...

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1600x900/bleach-sexy-girl/217601/bleach-sexy-girl-x-hd-girls-217601.jpg

Mmm, mammaries...http://www.hydrocanna.com/images/smilies/Drool.gif

Edited by Werne

EDIT: This thread is slow. Why is there no Iv000 to post penises and cheer this place up? :sad:

Because he is busy with studying.

I dont want to jinx my luck (*knocks on wood*) but I have received a conditional offer from my first choice Uni (Aberystwyth University), basically I'm accepted if I meet some conditions.

The conditions are heaving a 4 in Math in the Državna Matura and a 4 overall in the Matura, and an acceptable grade in the IELTS test.

So penis can wait, I need a 4 in math and a good grade in croatian.

Have some of my study music though

Edited by Iv000

Because he is busy with studying.

I dont want to jinx my luck (*knocks on wood*) but I have received a conditional offer from my first choice Uni (Aberystwyth University), basically I'm accepted if I meet some conditions.

The conditions are heaving a 4 in Math in the Državna Matura and a 4 overall in the Matura, and an acceptable grade in the IELTS test.

So signing up for uni is like signing up on a website, you gotta agree on terms and conditions in order to proceed. I bet they have captcha on the front door and people get b**ch-slapped if they don't read it right.

Wish you luck. :thumbsup:

So penis can wait

Penis can't wait! Get a hold of yourself man!!! :psyduck:

I think I can hear my brain cells dying... :confused:

Edited by Werne

So signing up for uni is like signing up on a website, you gotta agree on terms and conditions in order to proceed. I bet they have captcha on the front door and people get b**ch-slapped if they don't read it right.

Wish you luck. :thumbsup:

Not really, you can get unconditional and conditional offers. Because I'm foreign and I'm probably one of the first Croatians to go study there, they're testing out if I can do what I'm told. Basically, if I get a 4 then I'm actually mentally ready for uni. If not, then not. It's a good thing because I can test myself as well, math is difficult for me, so if I do this I will have proven myself that I can do everything I set my mind to.

And thank you :)

So penis can wait

Penis can't wait! Get a hold of yourself man!!! :psyduck:

Penis had enough action during the holidays with boyfriend. Penis will get more after studying is done.

Work first, then play :happy:

I think I can hear my brain cells dying... :confused:

I like repetitive music, I also like varied music. SImple or complex, I love both. I have an interesting taste in music to say the least ^^ I'm a big fan of orchestral and jazz music but I never really post anything. Pitbull and such crappy pop EDM is what kills brain cells, not this :tongue:

Theres a lot more behind proper EDM than just brain cells dying like it sounds like on first glance :teehee:

Edited by Iv000

No idea what this pop music thing is, but I'm currently listening to these lyrics:

Du
Du hast
Du hast mich
Du
Du hast
Du hast mich
Du hast mich
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt und ich hab nichts gesagt
Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet
treu ihr sein fur alle Tage...
nein
Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet
sie lieben auch in schlechten Tagen...
nein

I feel uncomfortable when people compliment my facial hair... Especially since it's only existent because I'm too lazy to shave.

Edit: And because I need to buy razors.

Edited by K00L

:laugh:

Unfortunately, my chainsaw isn't working. I think my dad broke it.

Edited by K00L