The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Well, I've seen an ad in the newspapers where a guy claims to be straightening out bent penises. So I went googling to figure out how the hell does a bent penis even look like.

Well, let's just say curiosity is not always a good thing, it won't always kill you but it can traumatize you for life. So here's an advice - never google "bent penis" on Google Images. Never, ever, ever google "bent penis" on Google Images. Ever. Trust me, you really, really, really don't want to do it.

Edited by Werne

My paycheck can't come soon enough, this month coming up is going to be awesome.. Sigh why is waiting so hard. I'm getting the gigabyte model, and it does have the highest clocks fro the 780ti, out of all the after market coolers.

Thank goodness i have a 1000watt sli modular psu, originally intended for sli. Still i think branding is bogus though.

Buy one now, get one later for sli when the 800 series Desktop models comes out. perfect strategy

Edited by Thor.

I hate wasps, I just got stung behind the ear. :pinch:

I love almost all animals, but draw the line at wasps. It's not even that I'm scared of them-I just can't bring myself to like them. It's not even the fact they have a painful sting-a Tarantula bite is a lot more painful and I like tarantulas enough to have kept them as pets. Rather, it's why they sting you. I've never encountered an animal I'd consider capable of malice other than humans and chimpanzees, but wasps come pretty close.

I hate wasps, I just got stung behind the ear. :pinch:

I love almost all animals, but draw the line at wasps. It's not even that I'm scared of them-I just can't bring myself to like them. It's not even the fact they have a painful sting-a Tarantula bite is a lot more painful and I like tarantulas enough to have kept them as pets. Rather, it's why they sting you. I've never encountered an animal I'd consider capable of malice other than humans and chimpanzees, but wasps come pretty close.

Yeah, very true. I didn't do anything to anger the wasps (I didn't even see where the nest was) and they just decided that I was evil. My wound is swelling a bit now but at least it doesn't hurt any more (well, it didn't hurt much at all, but my feelings were hurt). :P

Hornet bites are the worst, they are the most painful bites you will ever feel. :pinch:

What about a starving lion's bite? :P Nah, I'm kidding. I've only been stung by one hornet and it was a lot more painful than their little cousins'.

Tarantulas are a creature who's personality is completely at odds with it's appearance. Their behavioural traits vary a lot across the thousand or so species, but most are really gentle. To put it simply, if you take the lid off a tarantula tank and lay your hand on the ground, it won't run up and bite you. It probably won't even move. Some species are even docile enough to handle. The ones I kept were Avicularias, big sky-blue coloured tree-dwellers. Avic are timid, skittish and very shy but if you can coax one out they don't mind being held. As for why you'd want to hold one, that's another question, but it is possible if uncomfortable-they have large pink claws on all eight feet.

The only time they do get aggressive is during parenthood. They're very protective parents and it doesn't take much to get them riled up during motherhood. It's hardly surprising in hindsight but that's how I got my bite.

Pic related, Antilles Pink Toe Spider. About as big as your hand, but nowhere near as mean as she looks...

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4070/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4070-5788.jpg

Edited by Vindekarr

I'd get a tarantula but my wife is terrified of them, seeing a small house spider that's not even the size of a tip of my pinkie makes he scream and run for her life. I also wanted to get a horned viper but she told me she'll first strangle the snake then strangle me with it if I do get one (apparently, she finds them disgusting). So I can't have pets I like, can't even get a Tasmanian devil. :sad:

Funny enough though, she ain't scared of rats even though they're big and bite like crazy. She even beat the crap out of one with my wrench a year back just because it annoyed her with squeaking.