The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Koss is a good start, though ugly they sound far better then most headphones at that price.

http://www.koss.com/en/products/headphones/on-ear-headphones/PortaPro__Porta_Pro_On_Ear_Headphone

I'm a audio Enthusiast, so i would know, i tested several in the past.

Edited by Thor.

Including shipping cost, they would be around 80$ for me and I dont have that much money for headphones.

I bought 20$ ones, Sennheiser HD201 (It had outstanding reviews so I thought why not), and while they sound fine they're not very loud and the bass is weak and for some reason I think the left channel is weaker as well.

Meh. I feel like the ones I got with my Lumia phone are better than most of the headphones I try.

Thats sucks, well i am switching isp's soon, and there is a Service Provider here in Ontario that has a whopping 60mbit connection for just 60$ a month. Seriously that price is a unreal bargain.

http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/internet/packages/ultimate_60/

Though has a bandwidth cap of nearly 400gb, I'll never use that much per month.

Imagine downloading anything under a minute, literally. :dance: :dance: :dance: ISP's are starting to up their bandwidth ever sense that crtc ruling last year that stopped the big 2 from throttling bandwidth.

Edited by Thor.

Was reading an article this evening about a driver in a long-distance desert race who, while leading, stopped by the wreckage of their closest rival's vehicle and spent more than half an hour desperately trying to get it back on it's wheels and moving again, despite his kindness costing him any hope over winning the race. Even though the crashed truck was beyond repair, the story did have a partially happy ending: the race organisers decided to "nullify" the time the driver, Gerard De Rooy, spent stopped-allowing him to keep his lead, given he lost the time being a hero.

It's not the only story of heroism from the same race. I was also reading about an Australian rider who became lost in sand dunes and finished the stage so late that by the time he reached camp, the next day's race had begun. Another rider who's bike was damaged beyond repair the previous night however, got him some food, gave him his map, and spent fifteen minutes talking to the Australian rider-who he'd never even met before-and trying to convince him not to give up. In the end he did get going, and eventually clawed his way back into the race.

Neither act's going to change the world, but they did make me smile. A lot of the time famous sports people don't really deserve the recognition, but there are a few who really are good people. Not everybody would go that far out of their way to help a stranger in need, let alone one you're competing against in an event where if you can't repair your vehicle in-stage with the parts in your backpack, you're out. Period. And it's a once-a-year event too.

Edited by Vindekarr

I think the left channel on my headphones is weaker than the right one and its annoying me.

Did you try cleaning the jack? Sometimes you get that when dirt gets onto the jack and creates electrical resistance. And if the headphones have volume control on them, try fiddling with it, those variable resistors tend to be crap and you need to fiddle with them a bit to make them work right.

Edited by Werne

Adblock is your friend, those flash adds with sounds are the plague of the internet.

I was talking about the stuff before movies. :tongue:

I know what you mean though, I hate the ads with sounds, especially the ones that start by themselves.

I always run an adblock, I hate ads. Not only do the ones with sound annoy me, ads in general slow the page loading time down not a crawl and that sucks when you have a slow internet connection like me.

EDIT: I hate other people's computers cause damn near everyone uses Windows. Every time have to fix a Windows machine for a friend/relative/paying customer I realize just how much I'm used to a terminal, dual-taskbar setup and multiple workspaces. And right now I'm staring into an ugly-as-f*** Metro interface trying to figure out how to install a driver from Win98 era for a brailler which works out-of-the-box on Debian but completely fails to work on Win8 (freakin' thing doesn't even detect it). Damn it Bill!

Edited by Werne

I think the left channel on my headphones is weaker than the right one and its annoying me.

Did you try cleaning the jack? Sometimes you get that when dirt gets onto the jack and creates electrical resistance. And if the headphones have volume control on them, try fiddling with it, those variable resistors tend to be crap and you need to fiddle with them a bit to make them work right.

I'll try doing that later, right now I'm lazy and can't be bothered to stand up and take it out of the back of my PC.

I always run an adblock, I hate ads. Not only do the ones with sound annoy me, ads in general slow the page loading time down not a crawl and that sucks when you have a slow internet connection like me.

EDIT: I hate other people's computers cause damn near everyone uses Windows. Every time have to fix a Windows machine for a friend/relative/paying customer I realize just how much I'm used to a terminal, dual-taskbar setup and multiple workspaces. And right now I'm staring into an ugly-as-f*** Metro interface trying to figure out how to install a driver from Win98 era for a brailler which works out-of-the-box on Debian but completely fails to work on Win8 (freakin' thing doesn't even detect it). Damn it Bill!

I was watching a Playstation Now video where Sony revealed their streaming thingy. They said how the minimum requirements are a 5Mb/s download speed, and the people in the comments were like "lol i got 60Mb/s" "i have 100Mb/s what looser has an internet connection slower than 10Mb/s?"

And I was just sitting there with my 4Mb/s, wanting to bash their heads in but at the same time pity myself because that's the most I'll ever go in Croatia.

When I was in Bulgaria, holy s#*!. My boyfriend's net is 60Mb/s and we downloaded things in minutes. A game from Steam is done in literally 5-10 Min. Mind = blown

And Windows.

I tried dual booting Windows 8 with my W7 on a separate partition that I created for it. Because I didn't want to "upgrade" from 7 to 8 just like that, I wanted to try it first.

You know what happened? W8 corrupted the master boot record for W7 and I couldn't boot it, restore it, nor fix it. I decided not to bother and I am sticking with W8 right now.

To be honest, after you tweak it, it's a good OS. A faster boot, a lot more stable, prettier (imho), updates are a lot better, more functionality and they did many things right. I do feel like the Metro thing is absolutely not needed, so I set it not to even show it up, I put the W7 start button back, and the only way of going to metro is by pressing the Windows key.

I guess now I'll replace my broken W7 with a Linux distro, so I shall have best of both worlds. I will need to study a lot this semester, so I can't be distracted by my games.