The last poster wins

TheCalliton

And I was just sitting there with my 4Mb/s, wanting to bash their heads in but at the same time pity myself because that's the most I'll ever go in Croatia.

Oh yeah, I know your pain - I got 4Mb/s too. Apparently that's in the top 10% regarding network speed in Croatia, all faster ones are high-speed server-to-server networks.

To be honest, after you tweak it, it's a good OS. A faster boot, a lot more stable, prettier (imho), updates are a lot better, more functionality and they did many things right.

Congratulations, there's something wrong with you! :D

And there's something wrong with me too since I use an OS with an even smaller user base and more people yapping about it. :laugh:

I guess now I'll replace my broken W7 with a Linux distro

'Atta boy! :wink:

I was watching a Playstation Now video where Sony revealed their streaming thingy. They said how the minimum requirements are a 5Mb/s download speed, and the people in the comments were like "lol i got 60Mb/s" "i have 100Mb/s what looser has an internet connection slower than 10Mb/s?"

And I was just sitting there with my 4Mb/s, wanting to bash their heads in but at the same time pity myself because that's the most I'll ever go in Croatia.

When I was in Bulgaria, holy s***. My boyfriend's net is 60Mb/s and we downloaded things in minutes. A game from Steam is done in literally 5-10 Min. Mind = blown

Yeah I wouldn't be able to use that either.

I get 3Mb/s (which is actually rare, it's just the max is 3). It's the fastest I get in my area (it's also freaking expensive, like $40 a month). I think we also have the option for satellite, but then we'd lose connection during the bad weather here. The satellite we could get also has a limit of like 10GB a month and the upload speed is worse. My mom wouldn't be happy since she likes posting pictures on Facebook. It'd be an improvement to 5Mb/s but we'd have a limit, bad weather would mess up connection, and upload speeds would be even slower. And it's the same price.

Google Fiber's free version is faster than my internet. I don't live in Kansas City though, so I can't get it. I'd very much like 1,000 Mb/s.

Its a first for Ontario to get 60mbits here, sense the big two love to throttle independent isp's. Ever sense that ruling that stopped the two big isps from throttling, they have been upping there bandwidth ever sense.

Edited by Thor.

Last year :teehee: i had friends when there isp's called them telling them that their bandwidth has been increased for that reason. Different isp, i think it as teksavvy, but they are going down hill..

And that particular isp is a anomaly, i swear there hasn't been a negative review i have seen yet, its like Wowww!!!!

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=158925

They actually listen to negative responses and have a forum for it. You won't find that from any other isp.

Edited by Thor.

My mouse is pissing me off. It keeps flashing red even though it has brand f*#@in new batteries. It's green when I turn it on, but as soon as it touch a surface it starts flashing red at me.