The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Got some good news for anyone who plays Starbound. Huge update next week that's going to add universal backwards compatibility for characters, which means no more data wipes. The developers are also working on universal world and universe compatibility, so hopefully soon there'll be no further wipes, of any sort. In other news, they're back to business after their Christmas holidays, and there's some good stuff planned. We shouldn't be too far away from Beta phase 2, the game's starting to get very interesting.

As for me, I'm amazed by how well my PC coped with the heat. I upgraded the cooling with the last rebuild, added a serious internal cooler and the result is incredible. I've been running a Frostbite 3 engined game today on ultra with some Nvidia overlays, and the CPU and GPU temps are only a degree or two higher than normal. This all bodes well: global warming may kill us all but atleast I can play BattleField 4 while waiting for the Polar Bears to go extinct.

Tribalism and paranoia aren't sensible Thor, they're tribalistic and paranoid.

The current version of Origin is safe and smooth, and while I do prefer Steam I don't resent having to use Origin. And besides, if you refuse to use Origin you're missing out on some great games. The latest Need For Speed is brilliant-it's regained that old sparkle the first few had, and then there's BF4 and Titanfall, both of which are great.

Edited by Vindekarr

http://oi41.tinypic.com/v32bte.jpg

"AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor (4334MHz) x4"

So I see you're running at one core per compute unit. Unless I suck at math, 4334MHz x4 that ain't exactly "eight-core"... :whistling:

Edited by Werne

Ya you have something against that name. Its in my psn id as well, scott60gbuser if anyone wants to join in.

Sense my first name is so widely known, doesn't mean anything.

:teehee:

Hey Werne you should download the Nvidia Demo the New Dawn, i think you will like it.

Edited by Thor.

Thor's real name is Scott.

Every time I hear of someone named Scott I immediately get a mental picture of a Scotty saying "She can't take much more of this Captain!" :laugh:

Its a miss calculation of Valley benchmark, 4x means double the four. 4+4=8

Hmm, it shows "AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor (4421MHz) x8" for me... :confused:

Strange, i doesn't mean anything, still its working, I might check the UEfI Bios when i get the chance.

Also i am going to get me one of these sound cards next month. Sense i have room now for a proper sound card. Nothing beats a dedicated sound card.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7769070&csid=_61

Its 5.1 because Toslink is limited to 5.1, A more proper means of getting that sound Quality.

A no static noise from Motherboard

B No Bottle necking your video card with its on board sound enabled, the fps will drop 10frames. So will the heat go up.

Edited by Thor.